Help w new board #1000 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help w new board #1000

Hi. Looking for a new board. I'm 45, 5'9", 175#, level 5-6, don't do park but would like to try. I get to ride 2-3trips/yr. I'm from Puerto Rico, doing demos or having a quiver results highly impractical. I currently ride a 2008 Burton Clash, Mission bindings, and sz 10 32 Lashed boots. This board is flexy (2/10 flex) and catch free (mellow camber w raised edges). This has allowed progression w little falling. Want to upgrade because it has started to feel unstable at high speeds and landings, and need more edge hold. Looking at 2011 Lib Tech TRS 157 mainly for C2 BTX (catch free), Magna Traction (edge hold), and 6/10 flex (stifer than the Clash for better stability at speed but still on the flexy side to ease turn initiation).

These are my questions:

Am I correct to shy away from stiffer boards (Jamie Lynn, Rider's Choice...etc) hoping for something that is friendlier to ride?

Should I be concerned w the TNT base performance and mantainance?

There are other companies w similar tech regarding profile and edge design. Would you recomend other boards you feel are similar or better?

Lastly, please correct any mistakes there may be in my line of thinking, and excuse my english.

Thanks in advance for your expert advice!
BoricuaBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2011, 11:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The TRS is a great board and you really can't go wrong with it.

I don't know if you have to shy away from stiffer boards, it's all about what you want. If you aren't real aggressive (i.e. fast and steep) then a board like the TRS should work great. Lib boards like the TRice, Jamie Lynn and Dark Series are stiffer and just meant for more aggressive riding. I think the Riders Choice is similar to the TRS, but I could be wrong.

There are a ton of great boards out there, but the TRS is definitely a good choice.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote