Westmark vs Evo - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 12:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You cant just pull and push and expect to press/butter/whatever. You need to throw your weight into it. Trust me, you throw your weight into either the nose or tail and the board will lock into it. Its freaking reverse camber, come on man.
rgrwilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2011, 06:14 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by threej21 View Post
zero personal experience but a riding buddy rides the westmark and raves about it...says it has "grip tech" ( i think thats the name ) which is kinda like magne traction but only right in front of and behind the bindings...it says it makes it not chatter, and from watching him bomb through some chunky spring snow i believe it
grip tech is nice but that does not prevent chatter completely. it is basically less waves than MTX
legends6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

I'm in a very similar circumstance to the OP...and im trying to decide between these 2 boards as well. Want to be able to bomb down with friends...but still be able to butter and play around when i get board (love east coast *sarcasm*). I'm even lighter than the OP...125...so my 151 custom posi camber is stiff for me. After reading responses...looks like I need to learn a better technique as well:P

In regards to the boards tho...I was all but going to pull the trigger on the westmark cause its centre reverse (good for buttering), has griptech (good for east coast ice) and reading reviews has good pop and decent damping (not dampening :P). However, I still love to carve...and unlike the evo which has micro-cambers...the westmark is just a full reverse...so I dunno how it feels when you lay into a carve. Nothng will beat a full positive for that...but a nice compromise would be nice
jliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jliu View Post
However, I still love to carve...and unlike the evo which has micro-cambers...the westmark is just a full reverse...so I dunno how it feels when you lay into a carve. Nothng will beat a full positive for that...but a nice compromise would be nice
I'm not sure if this could be used as a reference when comparing the Westmark and Evo, but I have both the Coda and a NS Heritage. Both boards have good edge hold in icey conditions but the Coda seems to have more bite when I carve.
L3mnhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:33 PM   #15 (permalink)

L3mnhead, thanks for the feedback dude. Diff boards...but its good feedback on the tech itself (RC vs system).

Bite is one thing...i never doubted arbor's mountain system to not have bite...its more the "spring load" feel you get from laying a carve down with a positive camber board...u know what I mean? You initiate the turn and when you locked in you allow the posi camber to push you through (bad explaination)....i dunno if i make any sense...

Did you find the micro cambers in the heritage to help with that?
jliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:49 PM   #16 (permalink)

I think the micro camber on the Heritage does help spring or power you through the turn. The Coda's no slouch though. The hybrid bamboo core really has a lot of snap to it. They have a different feel about them, but they both get the job done.
L3mnhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Arbor Westmark Used and Reviewed

Here ya go.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Welp, I just did it. Westmark ordered, for a very good price.

I'm such a gear head (in everything I do, photography, computers, TV, anything). Now I need to unload a 2011 Never Summer SL 151, white topsheet, excellent condition in the buy sell forum (or locally)
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:46 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
Welp, I just did it. Westmark ordered, for a very good price.

I'm such a gear head (in everything I do, photography, computers, TV, anything). Now I need to unload a 2011 Never Summer SL 151, white topsheet, excellent condition in the buy sell forum (or locally)
How much? My friend might be interested if you're willing to let it go for a good price.
WHOisDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member

PM sent.

I gotta say, after buying a ton of stuff online, these snowboard ships which i have never heard of ship very quickly. First emage, now acmeclimbing. Within an hour I have a ship notification. That is fast!
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote