Ride Anthem Boot problem - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
universole

Default Ride Anthem Boot problem

So a few days ago i go a pair of ride anthems. they heat molded them to my foot instore, they were super comfortable. so i been wearing them around the house. then today i strap into my board for the first time and was f'n around in the living room.

my heel is coming up out of the boot a lil. well its my heel and liner are comin up. ive put on my snowboard socks but that didnt do much cuz its actually my foot and liner coming up.

i tightened the boots as much as i could but it seems they are really just getting tighter around my calf. im afraid this will be problematic when i hit the snow on saturday. what should i do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2008, 06:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
WickedWheat

That sucks! I got the ride anthems this season and I love them. They're the most comfortable boots I've ever put on.

One of the wires are starting to unthread. That happened my first trip this season in Breck but I have kept them since and it hasn't got any worse. I should do something about mine before it breaks on the mountain but have been too lazy to get it fixed between trips. I'm going to Northstar this Wednesday so let me know if you returned to store or if you call ride.

I just had my brand spankin new mission bindings break on my third run. My third run!!! So I called burton and they asked no questions and they are sending the piece. But I had to go to the base of the mountain and waste 40 minutes and 10 bucks on a rig job to get me through the day. That sucked!!!

So get it fixed before you go and let me know what you did or if Ride gave you any problems.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
mbhakti

I'm not familiar with these boots, but do they have a pull string on the liner? On my DC's the inner pull cord tightens the boots just around the ankle which would fix what your describing. I know Celsius and others do the same, but I haven't used ride boots.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
universole

yep they do. and i can get that supper tight. but the bowblem is that my fit AND the liner are coming up a bit out of the boot on my heels.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
mbhakti

Oh I see. On my DC's the inner laces tighten the inner boot but they are connected to the outer boot so it doesn't slide up. Didn't realize it was different.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

[QUOTE=WickedWheat;35475] I just had my brand spankin new mission bindings break on my third run. My third run!!! So I called burton and they asked no questions and they are sending the piece. But I had to go to the base of the mountain and waste 40 minutes and 10 bucks on a rig job to get me through the day. That sucked!!!
QUOTE]

That's too bad, I never hear too many bad things about Burton bindings, but I still have two words for you - Ride Bindings Sorry, I'm just a fan. Atleast they made it right for you. I've done that same thing to a pair of Agency bindings and never again will I have bindings made primarily of plastic, especially ratchets.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote