New Binding Set-up - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008, 06:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Joetaff

Default New Binding Set-up

okay I'm trying to set up my bindings, I'm an intermediate boarder, but have never owned a board before and had to set it up, so what is a good width and angles for a goofy stance. I don't want anything crazy just something that the average rider would like.

Thanks, John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2008, 06:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
WickedWheat

I'm trying to learn how to ride switch. I set both bindings the same degrees at the second notch and obviously pointing outward. I have it centered at the widest width also. As of now, this feels the most comfortable for me. As I get better we'll see if I adjust it.

Good luck finding the best stance. Congratulations on owning your own board.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

For average riding on my little board I set the bindings a little wider than my shoulders, at 15/-15, and center them on the board. Works good for overall riding. If I'm hitting some deep powder I'll whip out a big board and set the binding angles and width the same but I don't center them. I set them back towards the tail of the board a little bit for better flotation and so I don't have to work out my legs so hard. Hope this helps. Just keep playing with them until your knees, legs, and ankles are happy with you and it feels comfy. It won't take you too long to find the sweet spot.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

if i were you, being a (virtual) newbie, you still need comfort.

and so to this end....

get your board minus binders, put it on the floor and stand on it as if you were riding it. what you need is your dynamic stance and so your feet ought to be shoulder width or a bit further apart.

bounce up and down (without jumping) by flexing your knees, hips and ankles a bit (the rubber limbed gimp routine) as if you were riding that sucker. when you feel nice and comfy and you are sure you are stood in the centre of your board (ie your bollocks are above the board's centre or near as damn it) take a note of where your feet are and that is where to attach your binders.

as for the angles themselves, i would suggest a forward foot of +15ish and a rear foot of -3ish ('ish' refers to give or take a notch or two either way depending on what you prefer)

there is no right or wrong way. snowboarding is about self expression and so what works for you is self determined. set your board up with the mind that before long you will loosen it all to try something slightly different.

experiment, learn, enjoy. simple!
Old 02-15-2008, 11:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Joetaff

I set it to 15 up front and -12 in the back w/about a 22 in. width and it feels really good so I'll stick with that and see how it goes, thanks.