Snowboard Recommendation Please! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 09:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Snowboard Recommendation Please!

Hey guys,

I知 looking to buy a new board but am not quite sure where to start. I currently ride an 07/08 Salomon Lush 143 with Burton Lexa bindings. I got this board as a gift, and have found even though its a freestyle board, it has kinda lost its pop after riding it for 4 years. I知 5′1, 105lbs, boot size 7, and am an intermediate-advance rider. I do most of my riding in VT, and am looking for a board that will handle well on icy blacks but still be playful in the park. I demo壇 the Feelgood Flying V 140 this past weekend and thought it was a pretty solid ride. I loved having a shorter board because felt I had more control. I felt that the Feelgood provided just enough pop in the park and handled curves on blacks as well. I知 skeptical whether to purchase this now or to try a few other rocker/camber hybrids out first. I致e heard some good things about the Salomon Ivy, Rome LoFi Rocker, NeverSummer Infinity, and Arbor Push. What do you think of these boards? Are there any other boards you would recommend? What do you think the best board is for my riding style and money? Any input is appreciated!
letitsnow27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 01:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by letitsnow27 View Post
Hey guys,

I知 looking to buy a new board but am not quite sure where to start. I currently ride an 07/08 Salomon Lush 143 with Burton Lexa bindings. I got this board as a gift, and have found even though its a freestyle board, it has kinda lost its pop after riding it for 4 years. I知 5′1, 105lbs, boot size 7, and am an intermediate-advance rider. I do most of my riding in VT, and am looking for a board that will handle well on icy blacks but still be playful in the park. I demo壇 the Feelgood Flying V 140 this past weekend and thought it was a pretty solid ride. I loved having a shorter board because felt I had more control. I felt that the Feelgood provided just enough pop in the park and handled curves on blacks as well. I知 skeptical whether to purchase this now or to try a few other rocker/camber hybrids out first. I致e heard some good things about the Salomon Ivy, Rome LoFi Rocker, NeverSummer Infinity, and Arbor Push. What do you think of these boards? Are there any other boards you would recommend? What do you think the best board is for my riding style and money? Any input is appreciated!
Wow, we're like the same height, weight, and shoe size

I think if I was in a place where there were icy runs, I'd really want to try Mervin boards with magnetraction. The Roxy Eminence seems awesome, and it's a r/c hybrid, true twin (for park), and has magnetraction. Or you could look at the Roxy Ollie Pop or the other Mervin boards like the Skate Banana or Park Pickle.

I have a Never Summer Infinity, but the smallest it comes in is a 145. I don't mind it, but if you want a shorter board, you can't get it with the Infinity. You'd have to look at the NS Pandora, which is a true twin, and is softer. It's also a good board, but maybe Mervin boards with magnetraction would do a tad better on ice.
cocolulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

cocolulu--haha that is funny that have the same stats. how do u like riding a 145? the longest board ive ridden is my 143, do u find it hard to control? do you do alot of park?

i think the roxy seems like it may be a little more stiffer than i would like. Any thoughts on the GNU B-Nice? Do you think the Feelgood Flying V is a bad choice? I'm really looking for something that is going to be playful, fast, and able to take on the whole mountain.
letitsnow27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by letitsnow27 View Post
cocolulu--haha that is funny that have the same stats. how do u like riding a 145? the longest board ive ridden is my 143, do u find it hard to control? do you do alot of park?

i think the roxy seems like it may be a little more stiffer than i would like. Any thoughts on the GNU B-Nice? Do you think the Feelgood Flying V is a bad choice? I'm really looking for something that is going to be playful, fast, and able to take on the whole mountain.
I like riding the 145 Infinity. It's supposedly long'ish for someone with our height/weight, but I've had absolutely no problems turning it. I don't do park, other than a few jumps, but I want to get into it. I'm not sure how the Infinity would fare.

I think a GNU B-Nice would be awesome, but like the Infinity it only comes as small as 145. The B-Street and Park Pickle go smaller.

Another board to consider is the Arbor Cadence and Arbor Draft, but those are really hard to find now.

I've been thinking about getting a park board next year, and it'll probably be between the Arbor Cadence, Roxy Eminence or Ollie Pop, and the GNU B-Street.
cocolulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Feelgood Flying V is a great board. A lot of ladies here rock the Feelgood (albeit in various types of camber) and can't say enough good things about it. The downside to the board is a lack of edge control on ice and hardpack. Otherwise, it rips!

The Infinity is pretty comparable in terms of stiffness, but it has vario grip edges and a hybrid camber, both of which contribute to more stability.

I second Cocolulu's suggestion of the Eminence: it has C2BTX and is considered an aggressive freestyle board, so it really isn't as stiff as you think it is.

The Arbor Push is an excellent board. If you are interested in traditional camber, it's a board you definitely want to consider.

The B-Nice is a nice board, but it's more geared towards beginning/progressing riders. The B-Pro may be more what you are looking for.

Also consider the K2 Ecopop, which has won a ton of awards over the past two years.

If you haven't done so already, check out shayboarder.com. She reviews boards every year and provides excellent, thorough information.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote