plz help on board for wife - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 08:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default plz help on board for wife

hey guys ive now talked my wife into switching fom skiing to snowboarding so we can take the lessons together i have bought my setup for next season as of today but need some advice on a womans setup.

she's 5'5 115lbs size 7 shoe board length i think 146-149 should be good. the boards she likes are the

burton feather, roxy pop ollie, technine dime, stepchild pms(her fav. haha),and a company called siren and arbor tree.

she will be riding pretty much all mountain no park until she can handle herself around the mountain.

are there any in her selection she should really consider or are there any that would be better.
thanks for the advice.
dragunovowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 09:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

It helps to tell the experts here your geographic location where you will be riding here
cocolulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocolulu View Post
It helps to tell the experts here your geographic location where you will be riding here
we ride snowshoe WV, and killington VT. after are trip next season in jan to snowshoe im thinking of going in march to breckinridge
Old 04-01-2011, 08:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

From that list, the Ollie Pop hands down. Excellent board that she will be able to learn on and ride for a long time.

The Burton Feather is crap for what you pay and she'll outgrow it VERY quickly if she already knows how to ski.

I woud get her a board in the 143-147 range. 149 sounds a bit long to me.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfoot1598 View Post
From that list, the Ollie Pop hands down. Excellent board that she will be able to learn on and ride for a long time.

The Burton Feather is crap for what you pay and she'll outgrow it VERY quickly if she already knows how to ski.

I woud get her a board in the 143-147 range. 149 sounds a bit long to me.
thank you she likes the ollie pop alot. that would be good for the mountain?
Old 04-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #6 (permalink)

I got my first snowboard this year after renting the previous times and I got the Roxy Ollie Pop and I love it sooooooo much! It helped my progression hugely (like from bunny hill type green runs to blues) and it is so forgiving that it has given me so much more confidence and I found it so much easier to turn and control my board etc than with the rental boards. Deep Love for my Ollie Pop! For ref I am 5'0 112 lbs and size 5 feet. I have a 141.

Just wanted to add that the 2010/2011 Ollie Pop has C2 BTX and the previous years do not have the C2. So something to consider when you're looking at the Ollie Pop. I am definitely far from an expert on all the different types of camber etc, but I have read on this board and others that hybrid rockers can be better for "all mountain" versus a straight up rocker, better stability at higher speeds etc.
kirstabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

thanks i was just looking at the 2012 ollie pop and they make it in a 145 and a 148 would the 145 be a better choice for her? Roxy Snowboards 2011-2012 – Shayboarder.com
Old 04-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I would put her on the 145, but she'd be okay on the 148 too.

The Ollie Pop is good for all-mountain riding. It is soft and forgiving, but the C2BTX adds a lot of stability, especially on hard pack and ice. If you browse the reviews on Shayboarder.com (the website you cited in your previous post), you'll find a detailed review of the Ollie Pop C2BTX. Shay basically states that if she could choose a board to learn on, it would be the Ollie Pop.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote