Bataleon ET, Lib-Tech TRS, or NS SL - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bataleon ET, Lib-Tech TRS, or NS SL

Which three of these would you recommend for a first board and why?

Stats
Male
5'7
195 lbs
size 9.5-10.5 boot
Freeride/Freestyle riding style (intermediate-advanced groomers and want to learn park)

Will be pairing with 390 Boss bindings. I will be getting the 2012 board of whichever i choose so the ET will be sintered. Anything else just ask?
BigO5659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Forgot I will be riding west coast. Will be moving to CO next year hopefully. Next trip looks like lake tahoe.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

From my research (and riding the SL) the last two on your list will be more geared towards the free-ride/freestyle, while the ET is great for the park. I would love to try out the ET, just because I want to see what the TBT is all about.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

The tech in all three seems pretty sweet. I think the ET will be a faster park board with the sintered base in 2012 which is why its on the list. Would be a playful board that can bomb down as well.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Not to throw another wrench into all of this, but I bought an arbor westmark (after riding the SL twice) one, because Im' a gear head, and two, the SL is a little stiff for my skill level right now. Others can butter/press it around, I can't. Yet.

I will take it to Tahoe in a week and a half, with no snow on the forecast it looks to be hardpack/ice, so we'll see how the grip tech performs. The variogrip of the Sl worked well but it slipped just ever so slightly on Bear Mountain last week (snow on friday and ice on Sunday, sucks for us!)
Old 04-01-2011, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

The westmark seems to be a pure park board with the rocker profile and flex. Not really what I'm looking for. Going for a camber or rocker camber preferrably. But thanks for the input!
Old 04-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Gotcha!

That's what I thought too, but reading all the reviews by users on here, they say it can bomb pretty damn well. But if it's camber/rc you want, then for sure, there are better freeride boards. Good luck with the decision, and if you get TBT tell me how it is! I want to demo one next year for sure
Old 04-01-2011, 01:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

I've ridden all 3 boards.

Rating from stiff to soft: Lib-Tech TRS, Bataleon Evil Twin, Never Summer SL

I didn't like the flex of the TRS and Evil Twin for jibbing.

It really comes down to how much park you intend on doing. The SL is a very soft all-mountain board.

@ 5'7" and 195 lbs, what size board do you plan on getting?
WHOisDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
Gotcha!

That's what I thought too, but reading all the reviews by users on here, they say it can bomb pretty damn well. But if it's camber/rc you want, then for sure, there are better freeride boards. Good luck with the decision, and if you get TBT tell me how it is! I want to demo one next year for sure
Gonna have to wait til next season sadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOisDAN View Post
I've ridden all 3 boards.

Rating from stiff to soft: Lib-Tech TRS, Bataleon Evil Twin, Never Summer SL

I didn't like the flex of the TRS and Evil Twin for jibbing.

It really comes down to how much park you intend on doing. The SL is a very soft all-mountain board.

@ 5'7" and 195 lbs, what size board do you plan on getting?
2012 ET - 157
2011 or 2012 Lib Tech TRS- 159
2011 or 2012 NS SL- 158

I really am not leaning any which way right now. I would have to spend the extra $$ on the new ET cuz i want the sintered base but the largest non-wide they have is the 157 which has a contact of 119 (same as the lib tech which is a longer board (better for powder maybe?). And the SL is right in the middle with a whopping 123 contact edge. Does this mean that it will be a faster board? I like the TRS and the SL for the money factor being able to get the 2011 in both because from what I can tell there is no big changes in either for next year's model (correct me if I'm wrong!)
Old 04-01-2011, 10:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

bump for some more opinions and input! any experience with these boards is appreciated