What is the versatility of Jamie Lynn? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What is the versatility of Jamie Lynn?

I was able to demo a Jamie Lynn 154 C2 Banana this pass weekend. I had so much fun with it that I am looking to purchase one in a few days. It was so stable at speed and I had no issues riding it. I was wondering if the Jamie is versatile enough to start doing butters and some small jumps. Basically I am looking for a new board that will do everything. I currently ride a Flow Merc 151 camber board. The guys at the demo shop thought that a 154 Jamie might be too much for me to handle, being that I am only 54, 140lbs, but there was no smaller size available at the time of the demo.

Would the 151 Jamie Lynn fit me better? I would hate to lose the stability by going shorter. Or should I be looking at a totally different board all together. I like the fact it has all the latest technology. I have done searches on the net but reviews on the Jamie are limited.

Any opinions or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Dayten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2011, 01:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

He is not only a legendary snowboarder but a skater, artist, and he tinkers around on motorcycles.

Very versatile IMO.
tekniq33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It's a versitile board, but it's not the best board for buttering...it's on the stiffer end....so how much bettering are you planning on doing versus how much all mountain riding?

If you are looking for a softer version of the Lynn that would be better for buttering, and other freestyle type stuff, look at the Lib Tech TRS. It has all the same tech as the Lynn, just geared a little more towards freestyle.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply. I don't really plan on doing to much of buttering or jumps, maybe 10% of the time. I will mostly ride all mountain. I'll take a look to see if I can demo the TRS board. Thanks again.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

I was going to post a review from all the demos I have tried this week. I got on the following:

Never Summer SL
Never Summer Heritage
Lib Tech Jamie Lynn
Lib Tech Travis Rice blunted 157
K2 Turbo Dream

By far and away my favorite was the Jamie Lynn. Just so damn versatile. Took it in 2 ft deep powder, took it off piste on the natural jumps. Bombed it (100% agree with you, the board was stable. They actually all were, but the Jamie Lynn was by far the most playful). Pretty damp, and excellent in the trees.

I guess I have to say that the Jamie Lynn really was to me what I was expecting from an all mountain killer. I don't spend much time in the park, and like the other poster said, the TRS is supposed to be able to handle that better. But for the rest of the mountain, the Jamie Lynn was perfect.

***Sidebar - Never Summer. I'll get more in depth when I finally write about all the boards I tried in the review area, but I really am missing in the hype here. While I agree they are one of the most stable boards at high speeds, and they have great edge hold, does anyone just find their ride a little boring? They are planks. The dampening is awesome, but it almost numbs the mountain. I could see that being a good thing for the Raptor, or the Premier F1, but on the SL? The Jamie Lynn was so much more fun all over the mountain. I felt it was more responsive, and had more pop. Just my taste though, depends on what you are looking for in a board.
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i have snowboard goggles designed by jamie lynn . They're versatile because you can swap out the lenses. though i haven't tried them under water yet they are quite the goggle.
MistahTaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply. I am an all mountain rider, that's why I demoed a Jamie Lynn, but since my wife started boarding with me this season, I have to look at a more versatile board. She is more into buttering, ollies, and small jumps around the groom runs vs. my buddies who are into speed and bombing down the runs. I may have to put off buying a board this season and do more demos next winter. Thanks again for the informative post.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

He also lives in West Seattle where he can be found sipping yak at local dive bars (according to my colleague Emily, apparently she rages with him when she's not fondling your paperwork in escrow.) When I was at Legendary Banked Slalom a random friend asked if I'd punch him in the balls. Jamie Lynn seems very versatile.

/endrandompost
realchaos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34 View Post
It's a versitile board, but it's not the best board for buttering...it's on the stiffer end....so how much bettering are you planning on doing versus how much all mountain riding?

If you are looking for a softer version of the Lynn that would be better for buttering, and other freestyle type stuff, look at the Lib Tech TRS. It has all the same tech as the Lynn, just geared a little more towards freestyle.
Agree with this 100%. TRS is the MORE versatile board. Lynn is actually pretty stiff and it's better than TRS in pow and on the steep big mountains
legends6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Did you guys watch the 4 part series on Lynn?

Jamie Lynn -- Part 1 of 4 - Powder and Rails: Season 3 | VBS.TV

If there is anyone with a sicker style than Lynn?
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote