Wax - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2008, 04:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Metalhead505
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Has anyone ever used that (Mr. Zog's Snowboard Sex Wax).
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-16-2008, 04:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
FrankDaTank089
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i was always under the impression that you put wax on the board to cover up the dings in the bottom, thats why you scrapped. so why would it matter what kind of wax you used or if you used the factory wax.

or is wax there to also give your board that extra speed? I mean, since you guys are saying the factory wax is no good, then I am guessing it has to do with other things.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Metalhead505
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Wax is to fill in spaces like you said. But it is to get rid of friction at stops and slows you down.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
FrankDaTank089
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

gotcha, that makes sense, but i have a plastic rome scrapper and when scrapping my board after a hot wax, my friend made a good point. he said "isn't that taking off all the wax" becuase while scrapping a lot of the majority of the wax was coming off.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Metalhead505
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I dont really hot wax my board like you do, but you scrap off the extra so it has a level and even base. The hot wax goes in the pores of the base like all waxes but you have to heat up the hard wax, and you are taking off what didnt go in and that is just extra. Also you dont have to hot wax your board all the time, there is liquid and paste wax witch I mostly use both of these. Hot wax is a hard wax that you want as the first layer but you can put a differet softer wax as a second layer on the bottom of the first layer.

Last edited by Metalhead505; 02-16-2008 at 05:45 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Metalhead505
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I was thinking, and desided to just use SWIX and Zardoz because they are both great and I have no problems. Just thought I would try somthing different but Screw It.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
SUPERGILDO
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankDaTank089 View Post
gotcha, that makes sense, but i have a plastic rome scrapper and when scrapping my board after a hot wax, my friend made a good point. he said "isn't that taking off all the wax" becuase while scrapping a lot of the majority of the wax was coming off.
ok when you "hot wa" how long do you wait before scraping. because there is a step call hot waxing to clean the based of the board. and its when you scrape the base while the wax is still hot and it pulls all the dirt and grime off.

when you are waxing to ride it, you need to let the wax cool as long as possible. You scrape off the wax that doesnt soak into the pore like ^^^ someone said. If you left all the wax, it would be incredibly slow. you will feel this on a bad wax job. it will feel catchy. also waxing keeps your base from drying out. the wax oils the base and thats why after a lot of trips with no waxings you will get that white dry lookin areas.

when you get good at waxing (im still getting better) you will learn how to use as little wax as possible. then you wont be scraping off so much. but just tell your buddy, youre not supposed to coat the board, youre supposed to get the wax into the miscropsopic pores
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
FrankDaTank089
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERGILDO View Post
ok when you "hot wa" how long do you wait before scraping. because there is a step call hot waxing to clean the based of the board. and its when you scrape the base while the wax is still hot and it pulls all the dirt and grime off.

when you are waxing to ride it, you need to let the wax cool as long as possible. You scrape off the wax that doesnt soak into the pore like ^^^ someone said. If you left all the wax, it would be incredibly slow. you will feel this on a bad wax job. it will feel catchy. also waxing keeps your base from drying out. the wax oils the base and thats why after a lot of trips with no waxings you will get that white dry lookin areas.

when you get good at waxing (im still getting better) you will learn how to use as little wax as possible. then you wont be scraping off so much. but just tell your buddy, youre not supposed to coat the board, youre supposed to get the wax into the miscropsopic pores
yea i leave it to dry for a little while. thanks for the pointers.

lol, last time i waxed my board, let one of my friends ride it for a run and told me afterwards that i did a awesome job waxing it, so im guessing the process that i go through is right (haven't done the one to get the grime of the bottom, i just scrap, clean the base, dont have wax to waste like that, lol.)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
SUPERGILDO
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankDaTank089 View Post
yea i leave it to dry for a little while. thanks for the pointers.

lol, last time i waxed my board, let one of my friends ride it for a run and told me afterwards that i did a awesome job waxing it, so im guessing the process that i go through is right (haven't done the one to get the grime of the bottom, i just scrap, clean the base, dont have wax to waste like that, lol.)
what do you use to clean the base? You dont waste to much was if you do it right, only use the bare minimmum...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
NYCboarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Staten island, NY
Posts: 673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERGILDO View Post
also waxing keeps your base from drying out. the wax oils the base and thats why after a lot of trips with no waxings you will get that white dry lookin areas.

well i have a question.. i have a burton blunt.. it was used 3 times.. after the second time i was getting white areas by my edges.. i noticed this to be normal after a couple of runs.. i uses a quick wax paste.. "forgot the companY" but what im asking is any time you see a little white means you need to wax?
NYCboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums