Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Wax (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/3923-wax.html)

Metalhead505 02-15-2008 06:24 PM

Wax

I have used SWIX and Zardoz NotWax. Both are good waxs but Im thinking of trying another brand maybe. So what do you guys put on the bottom of your boards and is it any good?

redlude97 02-15-2008 06:35 PM

I use dakine all temp, but thats just because its readily availible, works fine for me

WickedWheat 02-15-2008 07:27 PM

I'm about to venture into waxing my own board. Is it as easy as they say?

Metalhead505 02-15-2008 07:34 PM

Ya its pretty easy to wax a board, but you have to kind of know what you are doing. There is a right way and a wrong.

WickedWheat 02-15-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalhead505 (Post 35750)
Ya its pretty easy to wax a board, but you have to kind of know what you are doing. There is a right way and a wrong.

That is what I'm afraid of. I only know from watching you tube videos. Not just any videos though.... Snowolf actually recommended them. Seemed easy but I'm scared of messing up the base.

ecave84 02-15-2008 07:50 PM

you would really have to try to mess your base up.

Metalhead505 02-15-2008 08:03 PM

It depends on what kind of wax you use. There is liquid, paste, and hot wax. Liquid wax you just applie evenly, buff it over board, take off extra and go, but I like to let it sit for 5-7 min to soke in. Paste wax you applie on board and buff it like the liquid wax. Hot wax is hard wax you heat up and put on your board (I have never done it, make sure you have some show you how to before you try it!) It isnt hard, you will not mess up you base as long as you spread it evenly and there is no bald spots.

Mr. Right 02-15-2008 11:11 PM

I use Dakine wax and I'm pleased with it. I've tried Swix a long time ago before I knew enough to know the difference. Bluebird is also pretty damn good from what I can tell. I've never really used a wax I didn't like unless it was warm weather wax and it was cold outside. Board felt like glue!

SUPERGILDO 02-15-2008 11:15 PM

I use bluebird all temp soy wax. I like it and have no complaints. Its nice to order one pound blocks for 15 bucks and it smells great when youre waxing!!

Minger 02-15-2008 11:55 PM

Waxing is pretty easy...used a metal scraper my first time...don't think it was a good idea, but there was still some wax left over on top when I was done...and I was still goin pretty fast (er, too fast to be comfortable with on 2nd time snowboarding, and I'm used to the speed from skiis...)

Used whacks wax that time. My brother hated it because the bottom of his board is white, and the wax was black...:p