Lib Tech TRS 2011 C2BTX comments? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lib Tech TRS 2011 C2BTX comments?

Hi guys
I was hoping someone who has ridden this board can give some feedback on it. I've read the reviews from different sites, and also the one posted on this one. I'd like to hear more comments because there's one demo board on sale for a great price at a local shop and I think it may be the one for me.

Also would the Flux sf45 be a good match for this stick?

I like charging the mountain, flat basing whenever I can and throwing down aggressive carves. I've recently discovered jumps and I find those very enjoyable.

Thanks!
jpmylittlepwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2011, 07:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Just f-ing buy the board!!!!! You don't need any more reviews. That Board is sick!!@#$@#$ Lib Tech's got their shit dialed! Don't over think it!!!!!!!! Look how many of their riders ride that board.

/thread
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lstarrasl View Post
Just f-ing buy the board!!!!! You don't need any more reviews. That Board is sick!!@#$@#$ Lib Tech's got their shit dialed! Don't over think it!!!!!!!! Look how many of their riders ride that board.

/thread
trolling not welcomed
Old 04-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Okay 2 posts. Go buy a Burton, kook.
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

charging. check.
jumping. check.

you will like this board. it eats through wax, be prepared to wax after most every session. other than that, its a beast.
carvebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmylittlepwny View Post
trolling not welcomed
He actually gave you a pretty good answer...just with less details then you desired. He's not trolling.

He rides Lib boards and just told you they are sick. You said it was a great price, so there may not be much to think about.

I've never ridden the TRS, but I just bought the TRice which is very similar, just stiffer. The TRS will charge the mountain fine, but it is a little more flexy than a true all mountain ripper. So if you want a stiff tank to really charge the mountain, the TRS may not be right. But if you want a really versitile, fun board that can do everythiing, the TRS is great.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvebeast View Post
charging. check.
jumping. check.

you will like this board. it eats through wax, be prepared to wax after most every session. other than that, its a beast.
Wouldn't the extruded TNT base require less maintenance and hence less waxing?

Thanks for the feedback.
2 posts means I don't participate as much on the forums, but that doesn't mean I don't read and follow what's been happening here. I'll buy a burton board there's a good deal on a board that suites my riding style.

I'm tempted to just hold off for a proto ct but it's out of my student budget >_<
Old 04-08-2011, 12:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
mdc

I like my TRS. Fun deck. I have 2 complaints about it, it eats wax...I could wax 2 times a day if I wanted, and it doesn't take abuse well. I know no board really likes hitting rocks, but I find this one likes it less than anything I've ever ridden in 20+ years now.

MDC
mdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmylittlepwny View Post
Wouldn't the extruded TNT base require less maintenance and hence less waxing?

Thanks for the feedback.
2 posts means I don't participate as much on the forums, but that doesn't mean I don't read and follow what's been happening here. I'll buy a burton board there's a good deal on a board that suites my riding style.

I'm tempted to just hold off for a proto ct but it's out of my student budget >_<
regardless of whether or not they market the TNT as low maintenance, the fact is it's not. it's fairly high maintenance (i literally would reccomend waxing after every time you ride). in the end it's not really a big deal, just means you have to give the deck a little more love before riding. imo it is not a fast base either (although it is by no means slow; just somewhere in the middle compared to others i've ridden).

those are the only "bad" things i have to say about it; dont let them make you second guess this board b/c it is money. charges through any snow condition from icy hardpack to great pow float. great pop, amazingly stable on jumps and just stiff enough to really give you good response for hard all mtn. riding. not a great jibber, but it doesn't sound like thats what you're looking for anyway. pull the trigger if you've got a good deal on one, you'll be happy you did.
carvebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

thanks for everyone's input.
Just picked it up today. Nice upgrade from a burton air. Really looking forward to next season