New boarder looking for some recommendations on a setup - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 07:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New boarder looking for some recommendations on a setup

Hey guys ive been boarding for around 2years always on rental boards but now i want to get my own. I really need some something to take me to the next level. Im looking for an all moutain board since i hit up groomers, a bit of rails and just general use. Im 6ft 2 with a size 11 - 12 boot and weight around 84kg (182lbs) My spending limit on the board is $450. Can i get a non biased opinion on what to get, thanks heaps for helping out a noob . (All up i plan to spend no more than 750 on the whole set up, so if u got bindings and boots recommendations that would be awesome)
AusAdrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2011, 10:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

I been researching a lot of different boards lately for the same kind of style your looking into.
Someone with more experience can chime in but im thinking you should be riding a 162 - 168 depending on your board choice. You might need a mid wide board for size 12 boots.
You can look at these two posts i listed below and see what you think and mabe add the Never Summer Legacy to the list of boards.

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...-mountain.html
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boa...ggestions.html

Boots: Try on different pairs of boots and find one that you like. Just because I like a boot and say its good, doesnt mean you will like it. Find a boot that you like and fits you good

Bindings: Going on experience I have had with my one season of riding. I have tried friends boards and people I have met on the mountain.
I have the Flow Flight 3 which came on my board when i bought it used off a friend.
I like the flows because there easy to get in and out of.
Check out these other bindings:
Ride Delta
Rome 390 Boss
K2 Auto Uprise
Flow M9
Flow NXT-ATSE

Other people might be able to help you out more who have more experience than I do.

Last edited by blazinden; 04-08-2011 at 11:47 PM.
blazinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusAdrian View Post
Hey guys ive been boarding for around 2years always on rental boards but now i want to get my own. I really need some something to take me to the next level. Im looking for an all moutain board since i hit up groomers, a bit of rails and just general use. Im 6ft 2 with a size 11 - 12 boot and weight around 84kg (182lbs) My spending limit on the board is $450. Can i get a non biased opinion on what to get, thanks heaps for helping out a noob . (All up i plan to spend no more than 750 on the whole set up, so if u got bindings and boots recommendations that would be awesome)
do yourself a favor and research the heck out of it. Enjoy it, sink your teeth into it man. It's what men do! (assuming u a guy ha)
Line it all up, but before you waste any time, keep in mind what waist width you will need minimum for your size clogs. If you going to be sporting size 12's, for sure look into a midwide board or even wide , especially if you plan on carving. Something I didn't find out till after I bought my board. I'm JUST on the border of being ok with a midwide board and size 12 boots.
You will need to look at your weight and boot size when you determine the board you want.
Once you narrow it down, look at the reviews, the price and the style of riding you do and plan on doing and you'll know for sure when the top 2 stick out in your mind and can finally make a purchase.

If you are just looking for someone to buy for you, be sure you take suggestions carefully and look for the boards that will fit your weight and boot size.
Sincraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusAdrian View Post
do yourself a favor and research the heck out of it. Enjoy it, sink your teeth into it man. It's what men do! (assuming u a guy ha)
Line it all up, but before you waste any time, keep in mind what waist width you will need minimum for your size clogs. If you going to be sporting size 12's, for sure look into a midwide board or even wide , especially if you plan on carving. Something I didn't find out till after I bought my board. I'm JUST on the border of being ok with a midwide board and size 12 boots.
You will need to look at your weight and boot size when you determine the board you want.
Once you narrow it down, look at the reviews, the price and the style of riding you do and plan on doing and you'll know for sure when the top 2 stick out in your mind and can finally make a purchase.

If you are just looking for someone to buy for you, be sure you take suggestions carefully and look for the boards that will fit your weight and boot size.
Sincraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

Cheers for the input guys much appreciated.....ive been doing alot of research and just trying to find boards that are in the mid wide size......I think im going going to go with a Ride Dh2 or maybe machete....even been looking into some never summer boards. Just basically anything to get down n shred through the mountain, hit up groomers and maybe a bit of rails
AusAdrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

def look at the ride machete or Never Summer Proto CT that comes out next year.
heres a review on it by leo
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...-proto-ct.html

Last edited by blazinden; 04-10-2011 at 10:02 AM.
blazinden is offline   Reply With Quote