Burton Process V Rocker vs Hero‏ - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 11:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton Process V Rocker vs Hero‏

Hello all,

I am new at the forum and I was wondering If you guys could help me with a doubt.

My infos:

Height: 5,9
Weight: 179
Boots size: 10

I am used to ride skate (street park) and to surf and I am looking for a snowboard that I could have good mobility and similar conditions as the skateboard ( stable, fast, easy moving, flex, etc).

I have tried the EST system on channel boards before and I will take it. The V board wil be choice and I was wondering what are the main differences in between these two boards.

Process V Rocker
Main features:

Hero
Main features:

Is there any difference in between the Hero and the Restricted Hero?

What is the softer/flex board the Process V Rocker or the Hero?

I appreciate any comments.

Tks,
Obrigado!
Abreusson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2011, 03:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

If you want stable and fast then go with the Process. Both boards are very similar. Burton did some major changes in the Process and both according to Burton have the same core, base, rocker, fiberglass, feel, edges and sidewalls. The feel (flex) on both boards is a 3 which is really soft. The Process was more of a jump board but now with these changes it a more park/jib board.
If you think that they will be to soft then look into a Joystick. It's basically a Hero but more beefier. Or a Custom Flying V as well.

And no, there is no difference between hero and the Unrestricted Hero except graphics.

What kind of riding do? Seems like you want a board to charge.

Last edited by tomek142; 04-09-2011 at 03:58 PM.
tomek142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you wanna skate the mountain look at the Easy Livin FV. Soft enough to play, but will actually give you something to use to pop.

EST is not THAT great. What else have you ridden? Or are you getting this based on how awesome the Burton website tells you it is?

Better than anything Burton has for skating the mountain would be an Arbor Westmark or a Flow Verve.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hej, thank you for the reply!

tomek142: I looking for a stable, flex and soft board, as a skateboard. I do mostly ride in park/jib but also would like to have a board for all mountain for fun. The Joystick seems to be a good board, but the problem is that I want a 155cm board and the joystick just has 154cm~157cm sizes.

Nivek:
I have never tried FV boards and o really don't know how is it behavior, it could be faster than the V rocker boards but I have doubts about the flexibility and mobility. Do you have more infos about it?

Tks again...
Abreusson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

1cm is not going to make a difference.

If you want play and stable, get a Westmark. I could bomb down bulletproof groomers on a puke day around -30*f on a 150. That's usually my jib size. But that board still locks well and is super fun to butter. Poppy too.

FV is the solution to giving play and stability. Vrocker is playful, but not the most stable. So by giving some camber under your feet, you get your stability back. I think Arbor (maybe Forum) are the only people doing a full center reverse rocker right.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote