Sorry guys - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bored?

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Last edited by retep0009; 07-21-2013 at 10:13 AM.
retep0009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2011, 10:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

What is your boot size?

but in terms of companies, forum has got some good boards out this year, but they are mostly park boards. Ride and salomon also put out some good boards. I would stay away from 5150 cause that stuff is lower quality meant to be sold at sporting good stores like big 5.

I don't know much about rossi boards, and burton boards are good boards, but since burton considers their stuff to be "luxury" the boards tend to be more expensive than other companies of equal quality.

I would go with a rocker board from Ride, forum, or salomon and you will end up with a good board.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well my shoe size is around a 12, but I dont know my boot size considering every time I have went I just told them my shoesize and they got me a boot. Also, is rocker what I should start on because I have heard mixed reviews on this.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Venture Snowboards - 2009/2010 Zephyr-R

You won't be disappointed.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

def start with a rocker, it will make your learning process much less painful. It may allow more bad habits during learning, however if you are serious about riding, you will turn out with riding technique that is just fine if you ride enough.

With around a size 12 (you will prob be smaller than that cause boots usualy are smaller than shoe size) i would prob go with a midwide board. something with around a 25cm waist width and above. But waist width is not the only thing to consider if you will have toe or heel drag. One must also consider your stance angles and width as well as the board sidecut and your bindings.

so i would start with finding the most comfy pair of boots and buying those, then, based on what size they are, get a board that will work for that boot size.

(boots are most important thing in snowboarding, don't skimp, just go with whatever pair is the most comfy)
Old 04-12-2011, 09:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin89 View Post
def start with a rocker, it will make your learning process much less painful. It may allow more bad habits during learning, however if you are serious about riding, you will turn out with riding technique that is just fine if you ride enough.

With around a size 12 (you will prob be smaller than that cause boots usualy are smaller than shoe size) i would prob go with a midwide board. something with around a 25cm waist width and above. But waist width is not the only thing to consider if you will have toe or heel drag. One must also consider your stance angles and width as well as the board sidecut and your bindings.

so i would start with finding the most comfy pair of boots and buying those, then, based on what size they are, get a board that will work for that boot size.

(boots are most important thing in snowboarding, don't skimp, just go with whatever pair is the most comfy)
Agree. Definitely get your boots before your board, so you can figure out what size waist you need
Gruber1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Asdfsadfsadfasdfsdafdsa

Last edited by retep0009; 07-21-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by retep0009 View Post

Edit 2: I could also grab up a Neversummer at a store I did not know about. Are these too much for beginners, because I want something that may be harder to learn now but will still keep me happy later on considering I probably won't get a new bored for about 4-5 years just because I will be in college.

Thanks
I started riding this year and just bought this years Neversummer SL. I rode it for the first time at Vail on Sunday and did not feel overwhelmed at all. I had been riding a friends older cambered burton and really liked the feel of the SL better. I turned a couple times and was positive that I was going to catch an edge.... but didn't with the SL. Never felt over my head with the board at any point during the day.
Chef Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

asdAVASDFAFAFASFASDFSDAFFAS

Last edited by retep0009; 07-21-2013 at 10:14 AM.