Capita stairmaster extreme vs ride dh 2.5 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Capita stairmaster extreme vs ride dh 2.5

Hi i wonder if some one can help i can get either a ride dh2.5 for a capita stairmaster extreme 152 except the only have the wide. i am 180lbs and am 6 foot and wear size 9 boot. Mostly ride park.

my question really is that i noticed the waist and tail measurments for the capita is 257 and 300 and for the ride 155 it is 252 295 so surly they pretty much the same apart from length. would it be a bad decision to go for a wide?

And the last question would be which one is better and why would you say so i know this is a personal preference but just looking for some advice.
thanks
SeEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeEn View Post
Hi i wonder if some one can help i can get either a ride dh2.5 for a capita stairmaster extreme 152 except the only have the wide. i am 180lbs and am 6 foot and wear size 9 boot. Mostly ride park.

my question really is that i noticed the waist and tail measurments for the capita is 257 and 300 and for the ride 155 it is 252 295 so surly they pretty much the same apart from length. would it be a bad decision to go for a wide?

And the last question would be which one is better and why would you say so i know this is a personal preference but just looking for some advice.
thanks
I'm looking into the stairmaster extreme myself. I honestly think you should not get a wide, considering your foot is only a size 9. You lose a ton of carving ability by getting a wide.

Last edited by Gruber1922; 04-11-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Gruber1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've been on a dh2 and its stiffer board that excells at big jumps, not ideal for jibs. I was on a stairmaster a few years ago and it was soft, good for jibs not much for jumps.

For size 9 boots look for a board with around a 250 waist width
Old 04-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeEn View Post

thanks
Don't get the wide. Regs will be fine.
Nose Dradamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

thanks guys. yea going to get the ride dh2.5 i think cause i already have the gnu street series for a rail board so i guess its better to get a jump board now.

Just worried about the flex of the ride is it really super stiff and also is the ride a lightweight board is it lighter or heavier then th gnu??
SeEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Probably similar weight. My LE 151 wasn't that light. Cleave edge is heavy.

Honestly for a jump board you might be happier on a Flow Quantum, Nitro Rook, Arbor Blacklist, or a Forum Destroyer Doubledog. All awesome off jumps, but unlike the 2.5 they'll be fun on lazy days and wont ride you at a slower speed.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote