Never Summer Heritage vs. Lib-Tech T-Rice Pro C2 BTX - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 03:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Never Summer Heritage vs. Lib-Tech T-Rice Pro C2 BTX

This being mainly a Never Summer forum, I probably already know what the answer is going to be. So please, elaborate.

I've heard nothing but good things about Never Summer and I'm very interested due to their Vario sidewalls, and the RC tech.
However Gnu/Lib has Magnetraction and a similar Rocker/Camber profile, and the T Rice won the (coveted?) Good Wood award

The Heritage just about fits my boarding style right-on, and I think the T Rice is similar.
I'm mainly a freeride kinda guy; trees, steeps & deeps. Infrequent park but I don't want something so stiff I can't butter short of straining my back.

But I haven't yet tried either the NS or the Lib. I'm currently using a 10-year old Arbor and looking to upgrade.
dryphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

They both ride so different that you really should see if you can demo them to see for yourself. The Heritage is very damp, and just can plow through everything. It's a beast of a board. Even damper IMO than the SL. More stable at higher speeds than the T Rice.

But I thought the T Rice was more fun, because it was more loose. The Heritage is going to do much better in pow. Try em both and decide, they ride differently.
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I am not saying either way as I haven't ridden either, but Never Summer has it's own sidecut tech that does something quite similar to magne-traction though the name of it escapes me.
Sudden_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudden_Death View Post
I am not saying either way as I haven't ridden either, but Never Summer has it's own sidecut tech that does something quite similar to magne-traction though the name of it escapes me.
Its Vario Power Grip side cuts and though I haven't ridden the magne-traction I can vouch for the insane edge hold of vario side cuts. I was making some aggressive turn on ice and to my surprise I didn't bust my ass. It does take getting used to before you can rely on the board that much.

Also, to the point that the Heritage is damper than the SL. One of the points the B.Gilly made that I think is the reasoning behind it is that the carbonium topsheet adds a certain amount of dampness to the board.
ecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudden_Death View Post
It's called "Vario".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan2011 View Post
They both ride so different that you really should see if you can demo them to see for yourself ... But I thought the T Rice was more fun, because it was more loose.
I wish I could demo them unfortunately I don't think that will be possible with the season at an end. Besides I don't have much free time. I just wanna buy something I know will be good so I can enjoy it on the occasions I go.

What do you mean by "so different"? Would you describe the T Rice as a Freeride board or is it more park oriented than the Heritage? (Lib-Tech is fairly close-lipped about which boards are best for what, whereas the NS website makes it obvious).
By "more loose" do you mean more flexible? How was it at speed?

Also I've heard the Heritage described as a "beast" before; is it heavy? Or just stiff? Or what?
Old 04-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecks View Post
Also, to the point that the Heritage is damper than the SL. One of the points the B.Gilly made that I think is the reasoning behind it is that the carbonium topsheet adds a certain amount of dampness to the board.
Well, that's good. I mean the way I understand it the SL is meant to be more flexible as it's more park-oriented than the Heritage. And yeah I've heard the Carbonium tech is sweet and protects the board well.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryphi View Post
What do you mean by "so different"? Would you describe the T Rice as a Freeride board or is it more park oriented than the Heritage? (Lib-Tech is fairly close-lipped about which boards are best for what, whereas the NS website makes it obvious).
By "more loose" do you mean more flexible? How was it at speed?
I've never ridden any NS boards so I can't compare, but the TRice is definitely a freeride board. It's a pretty stiff aggressive board.

When I bought the TRice a few weeks ago, I looked at the Heritage as well and they felt like they had a similar flex when messing with them in the shop. The main reason I bought the TRice was because I demo'd the lib tech C2BTX and knew I liked it and hadn't been on the NS before.

From what I've read, the edge hold with the MTX is better than vario, but vario is definitely a step up from a traditional sidecut. I'm sure some would say the opposit, but that's what I've seen.

I seem to read the NS is more durable than Lib Tech, although most of what I hear about Lib is just cosmetic stuff on the top sheet.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have a T.Rice, and I can assure you it's not a loose board. Maybe a little bit loose if compared to a cambered board but not by much. Pretty stiff and likes to go fast.
skip11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

T.Rice is stiffer than Heritage if that's what you want.
danm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

I rode a T.Rice last year and bought a NS Heritage this year because I wanted a longer board and given the hype figured I would give it a shot. My T.Rice was the 09/10 C2BTX 157 and my Heritage is a 10/11 162. I find the Heritage to be more playful, for sure softer flex easier to ride switch and holds a very good edge on our east coast ice. The T.Rice probably was a tad better on the ice...stiffer FOR SURE.. and slower edge to edge. Honestly I wasn't sure I liked how...freestylely (to make up a word) the Heritage was and doubted its ability to hold an edge but the more I ride it the more I like it and like that for me it is a more versatile board.
Grasschopper is offline   Reply With Quote