The best choice - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question The best choice

I have been snowboarding for 4 years and all these years i use a very low quality gear. So i have decided to buy a better gear for the next season. After my research i have come down to some board options. I'd like to tell me which board is better. I am 183cm, 80kg and i wear a 12US size shoes. Ilike most to do buterings and piste tricks, but i like jumps,too. I am going to start rails and boxes the next season.
My options are:
Burton Blunt 159W 2011
Burton Hero 2011
Ride DH 162W 2011
Ride DH2 2011
Ride Machete 2011

I have some more questions to do about ride's contraband binding system and burton's est binding system. Are they good or i'll have problems?
GRboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2011, 01:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Are these your only options?

Of that I would probably say the Hero. I do believe that Ride is making an M6 conversion disc for next year so if you get Contrabands now you should be able to mount them next year. If so, that would be a good fit.

Some better options if they are available would be an Arbor Westmark, Nitro Swindle, or a Bataleon Fun Kink.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

No I'm not stuck in these options but the specs of these boards fit to me the most. These, you recommended me are parkboards right? I am not totally a park rider. I do everything but i like jumps and 360s and stuff like that, so i'm looking for something all-mountain with some more pros in the freestyle area.
About the est?
Old 04-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well the reason I recommended those was based on what you were looking at already. Most of what you have listed are park boards.

I would still look at the Westmark but instead of the Swindle go to the Rook and move up to the Evil Twin from Bataleon.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

OK these boards are very good and suit to me but the problem is that they are not wide enough. Do you have any board to recommend me, like these two above, but being wide?
Old 04-18-2011, 01:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

If you need a wide or mid wide all around board, you might look at the Lib Tech Skunk Ape or Travis Rice.
GorgeDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRboarder View Post
OK these boards are very good and suit to me but the problem is that they are not wide enough. Do you have any board to recommend me, like these two above, but being wide?
The 156 Rook is a midwide so you should be fine there as long as you ride wider than 21" and more angle than 9* on both feet. Same goes with the 156 Westmark, it has a good enough sidecut in the middle starting at 25.1. With Griptech under your feet you shouldn't have any problem.

For sanity, look at the Nitro T1 155w, Flow Era 155w, Bataleon Goliath 157w.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

you neeed to buy my 2011 k2 ragygun 156 its perfect for you since its an all mountain board and slightly on the softer side. jump and jib
Old 04-18-2011, 06:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRboarder View Post
I have been snowboarding for 4 years and all these years i use a very low quality gear. So i have decided to buy a better gear for the next season. After my research i have come down to some board options. I'd like to tell me which board is better. I am 183cm, 80kg and i wear a 12US size shoes. Ilike most to do buterings and piste tricks, but i like jumps,too. I am going to start rails and boxes the next season.
My options are:
Burton Blunt 159W 2011
Burton Hero 2011
Ride DH 162W 2011
Ride DH2 2011
Ride Machete 2011

I have some more questions to do about ride's contraband binding system and burton's est binding system. Are they good or i'll have problems?
Out of your options a Machete Wide 157 if you can find it.. Blunts are from what I hear soft, Heros are pretty soft, DHs are stiffer and machetes are just right. Flat camber should be better all mountain than v rocker too.

On a side note I've tried contrabands on my Burton Ion boots and they didn't fit right... you'll get the best fit if you match your boot and binding brand.
604al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

I have seen flow era and i liked it very much(is it stiff, soft or something in between?). I have one more question: I have heard that it is necesarry to buy boots, bindings and board from the same brand.Is it true?
Will i have with the dh any catch problems because it is camber? Is it easy to butter with the dh?