Cracked Edge - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 12:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Cracked Edge

Eh, i have fucked up 2 burton loves this year now. back in january/feb i found a crack in the middle of my toe edge, it got sent in for warranty and covered. Didn't get a board sent but my local shop had a 2011 155 there to replace my 2010 so i got that one and rode it great for the rest of the season, season got cut short cuz of an injury but i made it out for 2 days during the last week, my last day up i was riding park, there were no rails up just 2 small boxes cuz my mountain decides to be douchey and close when they got the most snow and they keep getting more, they've been closed now for a week (i can go on for a rant about my mountain but i wont). back to the point, i was riding the park, there were only jumps open and then the 2 small rails at the bottom in the mini park. Now i got 2 cracks in my toe edge from that day and im guessing its from rails. anyone else have this problem. Yes i do ride park and rails, but the area around the cracks are clean and not abbrasive. im gonna get it hopefully sent in but i want to know if you guys have this problem.

burtons quality? am i doing something wrong? or is this common?

on a side note: Kind of pissed off they discontinued the love hopefully the Mr. Nice Guy is the exact same, im stoked on the love's. i might wait to get my board sent in until they have some 2012's in stock so i dont have to get a credit and wait till my shop gets their shipment. or should i just send it in and ride another board at camp of champions if i go
CustomX - J-rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2011, 01:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Do you have any pics of the cracked edge?
Qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Old 04-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

What??? That???

Are you sure that's not just where the edge comes together? How the hell did you even find that?
Old 04-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
What??? That???

Are you sure that's not just where the edge comes together? How the hell did you even find that?
Thinking the exact same thing.

OP: Anytime I've seen a cracked edge there's been damage to the sidewalls and/or base too, this doesn't look like it was damaged at all. Does a file or scraper catch that when you move it down the edge?
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

you can feel it with your finger when you move it accross the edge. The reason i found this was because this happened to me before with a 2010 burton love. i was picking up my board and it was the one with the writable base and i was admiring my base then something caught my eye and there was a crack in the center of the base. So i got this board for warranty and everything was going well didn't ride it all march (out with broken fibula), only took it out for my last day on april 10th and i waxed my board before i went up and didn't see it, then i was putting my crap away and goin to put a summer wax on and i just looked at my edges to check them out before i went to put it away for a while and i saw it =/
Old 04-19-2011, 12:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I just don't think that's a "crack". There's no other damage to the board and the edge looks completely undamaged. I think it's just where the edge comes together.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:49 AM   #8 (permalink)

The edge comes to gether on the tip and/or tail, i dont think it comes together in 2 spots on the middle of the toe edge. just saying , actually i guarentee that was not on the board when i got it, it happened a week and a bit ago
Old 04-19-2011, 09:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

its just a small pressure crack, it happens from coming down on boxes and rails too hard. its nothing to worry about and your board will ride exactly the same. i have a ton of those type of cracks all over my boards.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

Lol, you call that a crack?? you should see my nitro wiig board ...
oskar is offline   Reply With Quote