Board for ground tricks? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board for ground tricks?

Hi, i was just wondering what would be a good snowboard for ground tricks? I would also eventually like to learn how to do a backroll (can be seen at the very end of this video Granite Peak on Vimeo ).

I have looked at the other threads about snowboards for ground tricks but they dont help me too much because of my size.

I am around 5"2' - 5"3', weigh 115-118 (will probably put on a few more pounds by next season ) boot size 7.5, and currently ride a 2011 148 rome garage rocker. This board seems a little stiff to me and hard to press (maybe its because its too big for me, or I dont have proper technique?), and was thinking of getting another board. I was thi king of a rome artifact rocker but I'm unsure of the size. Would 144 or 147 be better? I would still like to be able to use this board for riding a bit of all mountain and being able to do some of the smaller kickers (and ground tricks). Would the artifact rocker be good for this or could you suggest another board?

Also, on the rome website, it says the 144 artifact rocker is for foot size <= 8. But I currently have medium rk30 flux bindings (which fits size 7-9.5), would these bindings still fit with the board?

So, all my questioned summed up here.
1. Is my garage rocker hard to press because of my size or technique?
2. Would the artifact rocker be a good board for what I am looking for? If so, 144 or 147? Or any other suggestions for a board?
3. Would my medium flux bindings fit a 144 artifact rocker?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Rekra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You don't need a new board, learn to bend the one you have. You have to do more than lean. If I just lean I barely press my J.O.E. and that thing is a noodle. You have to lean, press, and PULL with your in-the-air leg.

If you are really just set on something new, get a 147 Draft. If you don't feel like that's easy enough you should quit.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Agree with Nivek that you need proper technique to press a board. Once you get the technique down, almost any board can be properly pressed.

However, if you want a super soft board that requires almost no skill to press, than I suggest a Nitro subzero. Despite being supersoft, it still has great edge hold.
pencap75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

i just bought a 2010 artifact rocker 1985...its WAY too soft to be an all mountain board as well. the detuned edges were horrible to use as well...but if you want something just for ground tricks and park, that would be an excellent choice! Its super soft, takes no effort at all to press/manual/butter..but its almost too soft for anything else. Couldn't land many jumps, couldn't really hit the moguls, couldn't keep up with my friends speed-wise cause it just felt so unstable at fast speeds...just my 2cents
Old 04-20-2011, 12:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

God damn bend your knees and use some muscle you pussy you're litterally riding the softest rocker board Rome makes it's already pre bent for you. Fuck never mind just go sit on the couch and play xbox and eat some high fructose corn syrup.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

^ agreed - just reading the write up I was thinking there was a problem with the rider.
bassholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
God damn bend your knees and use some muscle you pussy you're litterally riding the softest rocker board Rome makes it's already pre bent for you. Fuck never mind just go sit on the couch and play xbox and eat some high fructose corn syrup.
better yet, if he cant bend that board he should instead buy a women's 145... then he cant complain about the flex anymore
legends6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legends6spd View Post
better yet, if he cant bend that board he should instead buy a women's 145... then he cant complain about the flex anymore
Seriously that's probably too much board for this candy ass.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You guys have scared him away

Rekra, save your money, keep learning on that board. I found the NS SL too stiff but after I kept trying it got easier. Keep trying. Ollie into it.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote