Get my new NS Premier F1 tomorrow! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Smile Get my new NS Premier F1 tomorrow!

long time lurker I decided to finally signup lol

Woohoo So stoked I had to post! lol I pick up my new 2011 Never Summer Premier f1 tomorrow then heading straight to Cypress Bowl with it!

Currently I ride a 2009 Sims Vice 155, k2 bindings . Due to gearing a family of 4 I skimped on my own ride plus I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do when I started snowboarding. Surprisingly the Sims has actually been a great board to learn on and held up extremely well (after all the negatives I read I was really concerned)

I am 5'8", 155lbs, size 9.5 shoe (10 in my current snowboard boots). I don't do any park. But love getting into any fresh powder I can find and bombing down the groomers.

The Premier f1 I ordered is a 157 (was concerned the 159 would be to long coming from a 155). I will post a review of how my day went with it when I get back tomorrow!.
Triplany is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Sounds like a good board for you. I'm sure you'll love it.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Ok after a day on the hills what a board! My old Sims must have been a plank as this thing was lighter that in (but 2cm longer), Edge to edge it was amazing! I honestly expected a bigger learning curve after what I have read but to be honest only thing I found strange was how easy this board was to turn which caused me to overturn in the beginning. My old board was a beast for catching edges the premier f1 I found super forgiving compared to it. Being spring conditions I got Icey groomers in the morning and the nice slushy/heavy snow in the afternoon. This board ate up whatever I tossed at it. The afternoon runs when they got rutted and nasty was where I was really impressed as the board just ate up the ruts and bumps. I mainly stayed on blues with only a few blacks. This board really does instill confidence and I really regret not getting it sooner.

My only complaint is with where I purchased the board (boardroomshop Vancouver). The staff was helpful and pleasant on the phone but the board was originally supposed to be transferred from there other shop on Tuesday. Didn’t happen (was told the guy forgot it or something) so it showed up late Wednesday so I couldn’t get it till Thursday morning on my way to the mountain, as I live a couple hour drive from there. I was told over the phone it was brand new not a demo. In my rush I picked up the board, I really didn’t give it a great look over. Had all the decals on it so just took it at that, paid and threw it in the car (as it was another hour or so to get to the mountain). Get up to Cypress start mounting the bindings and noticed a lot of scratches near the nose (about ” from the front binding forward) . Maybe I should have turned around and that point and returned it but being the last one they had in 157 I opted against it. I will call them in the morning and tell them how disappointed I was at the condition for a new board.

I really wish I could try this board in some powder sadly I will have to wait till next season. Heading to Grouse Mountain next week then blackcomb week after.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

What is "a lot" of scratches? Scratches can happen in the shop. It's no big deal. Now, if there's a lot of scratches AND they didn't have it there when they said they would, then you might have a legit beef.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
What is "a lot" of scratches? Scratches can happen in the shop. It's no big deal. Now, if there's a lot of scratches AND they didn't have it there when they said they would, then you might have a legit beef.
probably about 20-30 4 to 5 inches long. Not really deep but really noticable at certain angles. I will try and take a photo. trust me it's a lot when I got home to show the board to my family first thing my daughter said was what happened to it. My old board used a ton is in better shape on it's top sheet than this is in that area. I tried taking a photo but the flash washes everything out on it. will drag it in the sun later today and see if I can get a photo that way.

Last edited by Triplany; 04-22-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

I also own a 2011 premier f1 and u will find it is super easy to scratch. but thats the only complain

mine looked liked a 5 years old board after only a few rides in the trees.
jumpinthefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplany View Post
Ok after a day on the hills what a board! My old Sims must have been a plank as this thing was lighter...
I had the same experience when I went from my 05 Rossi Decoy to a 10/11 Neversummer SL. Its a great feeling aint it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplany View Post
My only complaint is .... I was told over the phone it was brand new not a demo. In my rush I picked up the board, I really didn’t give it a great look over. Had all the decals on it so just took it at that, paid and threw it in the car (as it was another hour or so to get to the mountain).... Get up to Cypress start mounting the bindings and noticed a lot of scratches near the nose (about ” from the front binding forward)
Uh...its probably been in a shop somewhere or something and been handled by snow apes and shop carnies. Did you notice any tell tale binding mount marks on the top sheet when you were screwing your ones onto it?

EDIT: Oh, nice buy by the way!
fattrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Had all the stickers on the base and didn't look like anything was mounted on it. probably a case of other boards against it and people taking on and off the shelf to look at it.

I just got back from a 3 day trip to whistler and had a blast with it on Blackcomb. this board really is amazing.

I think I am going to have to call Never Summer : Never Answer though. I emailed them once a week for the last 3 weeks and haven't heard back. (I waited a week between emails then emailed them the same questions) .

After I got back today though I bit the bullet and ordered flow nxt-at bindings and Ride Insano boots. Hopefully I get them in time to head back up to the mountain to try em out.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Probably from getting smacked around in the store.
Can't expect it to be perfect forever anyways.
KahWhyC is offline   Reply With Quote