NS Titan or Premier F1? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 06:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default NS Titan or Premier F1?

Hi all,

I've been reading this forum and scouring the internet for reviews but they are so far and few.

So I ride a medium sized mountain here in BC and like to do steeps, powder, manmade features (jumps).
I already have freestlye/park'ish boards. I was hoping for a board to do more freeride and powder
stuff on that could also power through the chop at the end of powder days.

I have a 154 Burton v-rocker 2010. It floats really well but on the last deep powder day I had to
adjust my stance straight back to avoid that huge leg burn/fatigue that set on fast when I rode
a bigger mountain like Big White.

My foot size is around 9 and I weight about 160-165lb - 5'9.5

I'm trying to decide on the Premier F1 157 or the Titan (2010) 160.

The 160 size is more for freeriding/powder. I think the 156 Titan would be a bit shortish as a freeride board.

From what I have gathered on reading, the Titan may very well be a killer board except that it does not pop
off of jumps like the Premier F1 can. This makes the Titan a super all mountain board but lacks the fun of
popping off little features here and there. The Premier F1 is interesting because of the rocker as well which
I read has more/less been perfected from the 2009/2010 season so no changes in the more recent iteration.
As such, landing cliff drops with the cambered areas of the board should still be fairly good compared to my
Burton v-rocker.

Anyone have comments on the weight of each of them?
I've read that the Titan for each year changed a little (some improvements each year in maybe the core, etc).

I am afraid of the fun factor though. Some people say the Titan is like a stiff plank/door on days you don't
feel like muscling it around.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance all!

Last edited by Spyder187; 04-20-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Spyder187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Talking

I am actually in BC myself! Abbotsford to be exact! What mountain do you mainly play on?

Anyways. I just purchased an NS Premier f1 size 157 . The board is amazing! I came off a cambered Sims Vice (2009) and compared to it the Premier feels lighter (but I have been told it's heavier than others) . It eats up the chop! Since I got it thursday I have been to Cypress and Grouse and it's great on the morning ice and just sucks up the lumpy afternoon chop. Compared to my old board it feels almost impossable to catch an edge and it turns super easy. It literaly let me step up one level from where I was. I can now attack blues like I was greens and blacks like I was on blues it really instills a lot of confidence especially at speed! I have only done some smaller jumps off features going down the runs and the board felt great. I really have nothing bad to say about the board as it was just such a huge improvement over what I had. I am similar height/weight as you as well I am 5'8" 155lbs. I have no experience in powder with the board as I just recently got it You could also look at a Premier 159 if you mainly play in powder. I have no experience with the Titan so hopefully someone can chime in for you. Good luck! let us know what you end up with!
Triplany is offline   Reply With Quote