First Board! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2008, 04:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
sparty

Default First Board!

So I finally pulled the trigger and bought my first board. I learned in December over break and I've gone just about every weekend since. For my sake (and the sake of everyone around me) I haven't hit the park yet and won't until next season or whenever I feel comfortable with it...but I still decided to get a freestyle setup anyway. Let me know what you guys think...

Burton Love 158, Mission Bindings, Hail Boot

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2008, 05:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
duke_fann

congrats! looks good
Old 02-16-2008, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Metalhead505

Congrats on getting a board! It looks to nice, you need to go out and get some scratches on it. How many pennys did it cost you?
Old 02-16-2008, 06:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
sparty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalhead505 View Post
Congrats on getting a board! It looks to nice, you need to go out and get some scratches on it. How many pennys did it cost you?
Thanks...It was on sale from $430 to $300...I went in just to look and try stuff on, but the bindings and boots were on sale too, so I couldn't just pass on a good deal!
Old 02-16-2008, 06:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Metalhead505

You should get if you dont already own is a bunch of protective gear like impact gloves, pants, and all that good stuff, but mostley a brain bucket (I dont wear one like a dumb ass, because I hardly dont ever hit the park, Im a Powder kind of guy). But trust me if you are hiting the park, spending the money will save you alot of money and pain in the end.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
sparty

Yeah, pants and a brain bucket were the first two things I bought before I event went. I didn't want to stand out as the obvious new guy in jeans with a wet ass.

I do have to invest in a new jacket and gloves though...the gloves I'm using now are some hand me down Salomons that are starting to rip and I feel like a goofball in the puffy jacket I wear. Some puffy jackets are cool, but not this one!
Old 02-16-2008, 07:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Metalhead505

I got some killer gloves. Burton Support Gloves, they are werth there weight in gold, they have a support for your wrist. Earlyer in this sesson I fell and hurt my wrist bad, so I went and got these gloves the next day and I have never hurt my wrist again this year so far.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
sparty

I'll definitely have to try some of those on...the graphite ones are sick.

The gloves I had my eyes set on were Burton Superpipes...does anyone have any experience with them or any other suggestions?
Old 02-17-2008, 11:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Snowblower

Congrats on the new setup. Let us know how you like it!
Old 02-17-2008, 11:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
sparty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblower View Post
Congrats on the new setup. Let us know how you like it!
I rode it last night for the first time and loved it. Everything just felt so much easier...the stance is a lot wider than the rentals I was used to and it felt great. I even ollied for my first time because I was feeling so comfortable. Basically, I just felt so much more confident and comfortable, which I think let me relax and start to develop my own style.