Help choosing right board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 11:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help choosing right board

Hey Guys,

Greetings from Australia! I've only been snowboarding once before for a week and have just decided to book a trip to New Zealand in July. I hired my gear last time I went but have decided that I'm going to buy some gear from the states as our dollar is so good at the moment! I have only been looking around trusnow.com for gear. There are a lot of specials at the moment on there which is great for me.

Last time I went I didn't do much park stuff as I wasn't all that confident. Just did slides on the boxes. This time I'm looking at spending a bit more time in the park as well as all mountain type riding. I want a board that can do well all over the park pretty much. Probably one that is good on ice as well as I don't think there is much powder in NZ. Just based on something I read on here that someone from there wrote.

I'm leaning towards a reverse camber board as it will reduce the amount of times I dig a heel edge and get tossed backwards, smashing my head into the ice haha.. Happens when I get tired and lazy.

I am 178cm, around 80-83kgs which I think is roughly 180lbs and size 10 feet. I'm wondering what size board would be best for me? I was thinking 156 would be pretty good.

I have looked at skate banana, capita indoor survival fk, Burton hero and blunt, Sierra stunt (don't like the look of the crew or rev crew, K2 Parkstar and gnu carbon credit. Out of them all I really like the capita. But I'm not sure on the fk as apposed to the full rocker on the gnu. I would buy a banana but they don't have it in any size around what I think I need.

Also with bindings they don't have any union force or Rome 390's. Would Rome s90s or Burton missions be suitable for any of these boards above? If not what would? (has to be available on trusnow)

Sorry for all the jump around. Writing this on an iPhone haha..

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and advice! This site has been great already and have learnt a lot from reading heaps already about different boards!

Cheers,

Ryan
Grylls is offline   Reply With Quote