Forum Youngblood - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Forum Youngblood

Hey guys so I went to a local shop today planning to ask alot of questions about neversummer boards but this guy really spoke well of a forum youngblood with chillydog. It was the board he uses and said nothing but great things about it. Would anyone have any opinions of pros and cons that go along with this board? I want a board that i can use pretty much anywhere on the mountain and especially in the park.

Also since its a rocker shape, how would that hold up on the ocassional icy conditions on the east coast?

Thanks guys!
quadcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Do you know what year it is? looks like Forum was offering a 2011 model with 2012 tech. it features a camber/rocker combo (they call it doubledog where as the pure rocker seems to be called chillydog)

The guy at Angry Snowboarders liked the Doubledog version The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Forum Youngblood DoubleDog Used and Reviewed

He wasn't too impressed with the rocker only version The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Forum Youngblood and Shakas my take (Note the review here is from 2009 so am assuming a 2010 model reviewed)

I haven't had the oppertunity to ride a forum. Hope those will help ya a bit. As a recent NS convert I can tell you there Rocker/Camber system is awesome! Looks like the Evo and SL would fall into what you are looking for from Never summer. Angry snowboarders take on the Evo The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Never Summer Evo My Take

Let us know what you end up with and what you think!
Triplany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ya the SL is a definite possibility! How does never summers rocker/camber hold up in powder?
quadcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

I just got my ns 10 days ago but have 5 days on it already (Huge improvement over my old board). I am not into the park so went with the premier f1. This late in the season I really haven't got to play with it in powder. mainly morning ice and afternoon slush (although I got lucky thursday with 12" of fresh snow and the weather was at freezing most the afternoon up on grouse) . I am heading to whistler/blackcomb mid week for a few days and hoping I get luckier at the higher elevations but the forecast isn't showing a lot of new snow the rocker/camber has been awesome in the conditions I have experienced so far and I can not wait to get in some real powder. But take what I say with a grain of salt as the boards I have tried are Very limited. That's why I linked you some reviews I found as he seems to have far more experience on a wide range of equipment.
Triplany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you're any serious about jibs it might be a little annoying. You'd have to muscle it possibly more than you'd like to.

If you want a do everything boards with a little more focus on jumps look at the Arbor Westmark, Nitro Rook, Destroyer Chilidog, Signal Omni, if you can find one an Omatic Ext'Txtr, K2 Parkstar, or a Flow Shifty (2012).

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote