Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Why are there not more Reverse SideCut Board shapes? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/39544-why-there-not-more-reverse-sidecut.html)

Sick-Pow 04-30-2011 07:14 PM

Why are there not more Reverse SideCut Board shapes?

Why are there not more Reverse SideCut Board shapes?

Banana Hammock is the only one I know.

Pow performance is off the charts.

BurtonAvenger 04-30-2011 07:44 PM

Whitegold has one as well, Mott at Igneous also made one, and I know there's one more from some Euro company too but I can't think of the name.

Nivek 05-01-2011 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 400014)
Whitegold has one as well, Mott at Igneous also made one, and I know there's one more from some Euro company too but I can't think of the name.

Signal is playin with it too yes? No sale though if I remember right.

BurtonAvenger 05-02-2011 01:06 AM

That's actually something they were making for Guch for Volcom but with a Signal topsheet. Basically Guch saw what it was doing for Travis so said I want one.

fattrav 05-02-2011 03:25 AM

Well, it did do alot for me...

Nivek 05-02-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 400163)
That's actually something they were making for Guch for Volcom but with a Signal topsheet. Basically Guch saw what it was doing for Travis so said I want one.

That's right. I knew Guch was involved but couldn't remember the details.

Sick-Pow 05-03-2011 09:00 AM

There are so many ski manufactures with it across their line (Armada comes to mind with 2) and with rocker+camber it seems to take away from the poor hardpack performance.

Next for snowboards is concave bases stuff+RS+RC/Hybrid camber+ strange puck like contact points?

BurtonAvenger 05-03-2011 10:25 AM

You talking about that deck Flow had at Dew Tour?

Sick-Pow 05-03-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 400335)
You talking about that deck Flow had at Dew Tour?

Do share.

I am talking about another design I have seen( cannot remember the small ski manufacture name,but some of the engineers that first worked with Shane McClonkey's skis? I think they left and started their own company). Small pucks, like a bulge, right at the outer edge of where the contact points are. For skis with tons of concave and reverse sidecut and rocker. Like a Bataleon TBT on steroids. Maybe Magnatraction is a better solution, but these looks cool. They had protos at SIA.

They say it is for grip in short bursts, so then when you go into the really deeps stuff, or jump, the rest of the ski performs. They assume ( protos) that with so much concave and rocker and sidecut, you would want this little bit of extra traction for icy entrances, or run outs.

Maybe Magnatraction is a better solution, but these look cool.

BurtonAvenger 05-03-2011 12:37 PM

Oh it's a ski fuck those things I don't care what they're doing doesn't effect me. I thought you were talking about the new design Flows working on with impact gel on their already hybrid camber, concaved based deck.