What is the beat Lib Tech for me? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Israel
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question What is the beat Lib Tech for me?

Hello Snowboarders.

Let's keep it simple I'm about 80 kg and 1.80 m and I was wandering what is the best do it all C2 lib tech snowboard for me.
The boards that I like the most are the:
158 Dark Series Dark Series Lib Tech Snowboards
157 TRS total Ripper Series TRS: Total Ripper Series Lib Tech Snowboards

BTW I have the Rome Targas

I apologize for typo mistakes in advance
Fadidel123 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Napa, CA
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cygnus X1, JK. Those two have different bases and are pretty different boards all together. The TRS I believe has the TNT extruded base, Dark Series has a nicer sintered base and is IMO a better overall board. Whats your budget? If you can squeeze a bit more $$ from the tree check out the banana magic.
SlickmisterN is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Junior Member
 
twin89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 844
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
is there any reason you are limiting yourself to Libtechs?

i'd recomend the Arbor Coda and Westmark if you are open to other brands.

Too Fast!
twin89 is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Member
 
Old School's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Make sure you check out Prior too, they have been making great boards for years.
Old School is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 02:04 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Israel
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickmisterN View Post
Cygnus X1, JK. Those two have different bases and are pretty different boards all together. The TRS I believe has the TNT extruded base, Dark Series has a nicer sintered base and is IMO a better overall board. Whats your budget? If you can squeeze a bit more $$ from the tree check out the banana magic.
About my budget i think i can afford any Lib Tech Board but the Cygnus X1.
About the banana magic i really love this board but I think It's a little to much park for me + it doesn't have the C2 pow banana tech that i kind of like.

I'm limited to the Lib Tech company Because I live in the middle east and not all of the companies sell us their boards
Fadidel123 is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Napa, CA
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Banana Magic is definitely not a park board. It is very tortionally stiff, noticeably more so than a T. Rice in in the same size (157). I guess you could call it a pipe board, but absolutely not a park board, get that out of your head right now. Both boards give you the most upper end features and tech for your buck behind the Skate in Lib's Lineup.
SlickmisterN is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Veteran Member
 
schmitty34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Probably at work wasting time
Posts: 889
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadidel123 View Post
About my budget i think i can afford any Lib Tech Board but the Cygnus X1.
About the banana magic i really love this board but I think It's a little to much park for me + it doesn't have the C2 pow banana tech that i kind of like.

I'm limited to the Lib Tech company Because I live in the middle east and not all of the companies sell us their boards
You are probably thinking of the Skate Banana instead of the Banana Magic when you say it's too park for you. Like slickmister said, the Magic is by no means a park board.

You really need to tell us what type of riding you do most and what type of board response you want if we are going to give you suggestions.

If you want a stiff, all mountain board for steeps, high speed and powder, go with the Dark Series or TRice. If you want something softer that could also be used in the park a little more, the TRS might be the better choice.
schmitty34 is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 09:22 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Hodgepodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC/CT
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickmisterN View Post
The Banana Magic is definitely not a park board. It is very tortionally stiff, noticeably more so than a T. Rice in in the same size (157). I guess you could call it a pipe board, but absolutely not a park board, get that out of your head right now. Both boards give you the most upper end features and tech for your buck behind the Skate in Lib's Lineup.
most people dont know this but the banana magic has c2... its just a super secret version. also, i prefer the T. Rice to it but thats just me. try em out on snow, its really your best option at this point

-HodgePodge
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hodgepodge is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Veteran Member
 
schmitty34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Probably at work wasting time
Posts: 889
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
most people dont know this but the banana magic has c2... its just a super secret version. also, i prefer the T. Rice to it but thats just me. try em out on snow, its really your best option at this point
Super secret you say? Hmmmm....very interesting. Their website only calls it BTX so you're saying they aren't telling me the truth Guess I should have looked closer when I was messin with one at the shop.
schmitty34 is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 04:29 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Hodgepodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC/CT
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34 View Post
Super secret you say? Hmmmm....very interesting. Their website only calls it BTX so you're saying they aren't telling me the truth Guess I should have looked closer when I was messin with one at the shop.
they never update their website. but anyways the shape of the Banana Magic is called "Enhanced BTX." It has a special type of c2.I looked at one in a shop last year and it 100 percent has camber under feet.

here's a review:
2012 Lib Tech Banana Magic Review

-HodgePodge
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hodgepodge is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome