What is the beat Lib Tech for me? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question What is the beat Lib Tech for me?

Hello Snowboarders.

Let's keep it simple I'm about 80 kg and 1.80 m and I was wandering what is the best do it all C2 lib tech snowboard for me.
The boards that I like the most are the:
158 Dark Series Dark Series Lib Tech Snowboards
157 TRS total Ripper Series TRS: Total Ripper Series Lib Tech Snowboards

BTW I have the Rome Targas

I apologize for typo mistakes in advance
Fadidel123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Cygnus X1, JK. Those two have different bases and are pretty different boards all together. The TRS I believe has the TNT extruded base, Dark Series has a nicer sintered base and is IMO a better overall board. Whats your budget? If you can squeeze a bit more $$ from the tree check out the banana magic.
SlickmisterN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

is there any reason you are limiting yourself to Libtechs?

i'd recomend the Arbor Coda and Westmark if you are open to other brands.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Make sure you check out Prior too, they have been making great boards for years.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickmisterN View Post
Cygnus X1, JK. Those two have different bases and are pretty different boards all together. The TRS I believe has the TNT extruded base, Dark Series has a nicer sintered base and is IMO a better overall board. Whats your budget? If you can squeeze a bit more $$ from the tree check out the banana magic.
About my budget i think i can afford any Lib Tech Board but the Cygnus X1.
About the banana magic i really love this board but I think It's a little to much park for me + it doesn't have the C2 pow banana tech that i kind of like.

I'm limited to the Lib Tech company Because I live in the middle east and not all of the companies sell us their boards
Fadidel123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

The Banana Magic is definitely not a park board. It is very tortionally stiff, noticeably more so than a T. Rice in in the same size (157). I guess you could call it a pipe board, but absolutely not a park board, get that out of your head right now. Both boards give you the most upper end features and tech for your buck behind the Skate in Lib's Lineup.
SlickmisterN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadidel123 View Post
About my budget i think i can afford any Lib Tech Board but the Cygnus X1.
About the banana magic i really love this board but I think It's a little to much park for me + it doesn't have the C2 pow banana tech that i kind of like.

I'm limited to the Lib Tech company Because I live in the middle east and not all of the companies sell us their boards
You are probably thinking of the Skate Banana instead of the Banana Magic when you say it's too park for you. Like slickmister said, the Magic is by no means a park board.

You really need to tell us what type of riding you do most and what type of board response you want if we are going to give you suggestions.

If you want a stiff, all mountain board for steeps, high speed and powder, go with the Dark Series or TRice. If you want something softer that could also be used in the park a little more, the TRS might be the better choice.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickmisterN View Post
The Banana Magic is definitely not a park board. It is very tortionally stiff, noticeably more so than a T. Rice in in the same size (157). I guess you could call it a pipe board, but absolutely not a park board, get that out of your head right now. Both boards give you the most upper end features and tech for your buck behind the Skate in Lib's Lineup.
most people dont know this but the banana magic has c2... its just a super secret version. also, i prefer the T. Rice to it but thats just me. try em out on snow, its really your best option at this point
Old 05-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
most people dont know this but the banana magic has c2... its just a super secret version. also, i prefer the T. Rice to it but thats just me. try em out on snow, its really your best option at this point
Super secret you say? Hmmmm....very interesting. Their website only calls it BTX so you're saying they aren't telling me the truth Guess I should have looked closer when I was messin with one at the shop.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34 View Post
Super secret you say? Hmmmm....very interesting. Their website only calls it BTX so you're saying they aren't telling me the truth Guess I should have looked closer when I was messin with one at the shop.
they never update their website. but anyways the shape of the Banana Magic is called "Enhanced BTX." It has a special type of c2.I looked at one in a shop last year and it 100 percent has camber under feet.

here's a review:
2012 Lib Tech Banana Magic Review