Looking for Online Sales! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 06:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for Online Sales!

Hey so im from Australia and im currently looking to purchase my first full rig, I know what im looking for Im just looking for a point in the right direction, if anyone could link me to some US websites that they would reccomend, that are doing some good sales on ex season stock that'd be really helpful.

Thanks heaps, AusBoarder99
AusBoarder99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2011, 08:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusBoarder99 View Post
Hey so im from Australia and im currently looking to purchase my first full rig, I know what im looking for Im just looking for a point in the right direction, if anyone could link me to some US websites that they would reccomend, that are doing some good sales on ex season stock that'd be really helpful.

Thanks heaps, AusBoarder99
Here's some you could check out (google may well be your friend on this one):

Dogfunk.com
trusnow.com
evo.com

I have ordered stuff through Evo and through TruSnow to NZ, both were really good to deal with. Check the internet for coupon codes for these guys but you may find that most of the sale stuff is already gone though. And be advised that some brands will not be able to be shipped to Oz from the USA (you can get around that though is to use a freight forwarding company though, and they may be able to sus you out some cheapish frieght)

Places closer to home:

Snowboard and Ski Shop. Buy Snowboards, Skis, Clothing - Snowbiz (was in their shop the other day...alot of stock!)
Snowboard Gear, Snowboards, Jackets, Pants, Clothing & Accessories. NZ's Best Snowboarding Shop | BWMsnow.co.nz (fantastic guy to deal with, super knowledgeable and good prices especially with the aussie dollar so high at the moment)
Ski Trading Post - Auckland's Longest Running Ski, Snowboard, Wakeboard and Waterski Shop (very good guys to deal with, very helpful team in store)
www.ballystics.com.au (have delt with the NZ guys...awesome people)
Discount Snowboard Store, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Burton Snowboards, Bindings, Boots, Sale!
Hyper Ride & Hyper Drive
www.basenz.com
www.shop.boardertown.co.nz

One I would stay away from, is cherri pow in Aussie, that guy is such a fucken rip off it aint funny.

Last edited by fattrav; 05-09-2011 at 08:27 AM.
fattrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
oxi

Sorry, threadjack, do you know of any good freight forwarding companies?
oxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Stay Strapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxi View Post
Sorry, threadjack, do you know of any good freight forwarding companies?
forwardit.us
Old 05-10-2011, 01:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

I bought a board from evo.com a few weeks ago and they were awesome to deal with (didnt send the stickers i asked for but!) I got a ROME agent so I didnt have the issue of having to use the forwarding company
Aussie_boarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_boarder View Post
I bought a board from evo.com a few weeks ago and they were awesome to deal with (didnt send the stickers i asked for but!) I got a ROME agent so I didnt have the issue of having to use the forwarding company
So does the Free Shipping on orders over $100 count for International Shipping too?
Old 05-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

I highly doubt it but you can always ask. I think the shipping can run pretty high so it wouldn't make sense to sell something thats $100.10 for example.
pailhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

For shipping to aus for board and bindings your looking anything from $150 to $US280. The key is to find a shop that has lower shipping prices. Generally ive found the freight forwarding companies are not very cost effective, especially since a snowboard is a large size.

Check out ebay, there some good pick ups on there with decent shipping, plus your not likely to be restricted by the brands that can be shipped to Aus.

Heres some sites

Bicycles | Bikes | Mountain Bikes | Road Bikes | MTB Bikes | Bike Parts | Bike Frames | Road Frames | MTB Frames (free shipping to Aus on orders over $400) bit bare with snow gear now though
Shop Snowboards, Snowboard Boots, Snowboard Bindings, Snowboarding Jackets & Pants Online
http://www.tactcics.com
RaID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

Here is EVO's international shipping prices. International Shipping | evo

I took about 4 days to get my board over.
Aussie_boarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

Hey thanks heaps, spent countless hours upon hours browsing sites haha, so annoying, trying to find the gear I want/like at a reasonable price, yeh i looked at forwarding companies and had the same thoughts. Atm i've found a site Mount Everest Ski & Snowboard Shop | Skis, Snowboards, Bindings, Jackets, Boots which is like 90-100 for shipment of Board then 45ish for bindings and same for boots.I found a ROME agent on there, and its close enough to my size (152) and hopefully can find some bindings to go with, might look elsewhere for boots. And yeh I had a look on ebay, very few international shippers =(