overhang? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default overhang?

I've had doubts about getting a non wide board. I'd just like to double check with pros if this does seem like a bit too much. I somehow feel it's just on the verge. When i stand barefoot on a wide board i almost get no overhang. I ordered a pair of burton ions 11.5 to replace these because they turned into chewing gum, but these were size 11. It's going to be a while since i see the new ions, and i probably wont have a chance to mount them on my board until november...

When tilting this on the carpet it can go over 60 degrees i'd say, without catching anything.

While you're at it, this is what the base and the edges look like now. The edges are pretty dented in some places, are pretty blunt, should i take this to a normal service and have them do a full one?

pailhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Looks a bit like your toe has a tiny bit more over-hang than your heel but it is super minor. Mainly though it looks like your adjustable toe bed is maxed out to the running edge but your heel bed is inbound almost an inch. If your able adjust the heel out more or on the disc find the holes that center the binding more equally between the toe the heel edges.
SlickmisterN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickmisterN View Post
Looks a bit like your toe has a tiny bit more over-hang than your heel but it is super minor. Mainly though it looks like your adjustable toe bed is maxed out to the running edge but your heel bed is inbound almost an inch. If your able adjust the heel out more or on the disc find the holes that center the binding more equally between the toe the heel edges.
Agreed...looks like you need to center the footbed of the binding better. The overhang looks pretty normal to me if it was more even.

Also, non-wide really doesn't mean anything. I have a "non-wide" board that is wider than some "wide" boards....we reall need to discuss the waist width.

From the pics that looks like a TRS so your waist width is probably 253 or 256 depending on the size of the board. That is probably pushing the limit of a size 11.5 boot, but I think Ions are pretty low profile. But, those 11s look fine IMO so the 11.5 Ions may be okay too.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

It took me a long while to fine tune and center the boot. This way, it's moved 1 point towards the toes (5 being total, 3rd being center) and it feels centered. If i were to move it 1 point towards the heel edge, the bindings would be centered but i feel like it's easier to keep the heel edge than toe, and transition is a bit harder. The 4th picture where you can see the toe ramp is a bit angled, and it really seems like teheres a ton of overhang.

The toe ramp is maxed out, but i can't do anything on the heel bed. The whole part with the highback is extended fully though. It's a 256 waist, and now i'm even more concerned about the normal width skate banana i ordered, i guess i should have went for a wide one.
pailhead is offline   Reply With Quote