What about DC snowboards - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 05:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default What about DC snowboards

My local snowboard shop has dc snowboards 2009/2010 in very good prices. I'm not experienced in buying snowboards and i can't undrstand which board is good just from seeing it. Are these boards good-quality? Is it worth buying one?
I do most all-mountain riding, i want a light ant easy board
GRboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2011, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

What models do they have?
pchiu91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

MLF, PBJ. I'm prbably going for PBJ
Old 05-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

While the PBJ is supposed to be a good board, it's also a jib-stick - Meaning it's soft, noodley, and not that great for all-mountain riding. If your mostly freeriding, your likely going to get tossed around a lot on this board, probably not what you want.

The MLF looks like an all-mountain freestyle board, but has traditional camber. This would be more suited to your style, but if your looking for an easier to ride board, you have to understand that traditional camber, while fast and stable, is very unforgiving compared with some of the newer hybrid boards. If you like mach-speeding it on groomers and shit, camber is the way to go, but otherwise I prefer the hybrid-rocker shapes for their playfulness and forgivingness.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

agreed. if you want an easy board, then those ones you mentioned are probably not it.

i know you are tempted by the prices but those boards are 3 years old by the time next season rolls around. also, what part of the country r you? if on east coast, you might look for something with good sidecuts that can endure icy conditions.
legends6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mainly i was about pbj. In the site it says 5/10 flex, but I can't understand how much flex it is. I'm from Greece. The conditions are variable and they change from week to week and this is the reason i want an all-mountain board because i do everything.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

Do you have any other choices for boards? If you are going to fork out a bunch of money, these just don't sound like the best thing for you.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

They were just in a very good price so if they were worth buyig, i would buy one. I don't know the quality of these boards, that is my problem. Of course, i have a huge variety of boards to choose, which confuses me. Every day i'm searching on the net and the forum to find a board that suits me. I firstly thought of ride dh2, ride dh, ride machete, flow era and now every day i'm stuck in a different board. Is it better to wait for the next season or buying one now that is off season?
Old 05-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

If you want to save some cash, shops will start discounting their 10/11 boards pretty soon in order to make room for 11/12. I would wait until Summer comes in full swing, then you should see this season's merchandise drop in price. The only reason to buy next seasons is if they improve something on a board you really want. Many boards are just the same thing though, with a new graphic. The Ride DH2 and Machete look like better choices for what you want, I know a lot of people have rocked the Machete and it does pretty much everything.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

This is what i'm waiting for, SUMMER!!!!!!!!