Capita Black Snowboard of Death advice! - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #11 (permalink)

Default Bsod

Ok , I was in a snowboard test 2 days ago , and i was riden a BSOD 162 and i was total surprise how versatil was for the size ! in this case we had 14 below centigrade afe snow storm , powder ! and ice patches at the top ... and i went into smal trails BTW the trees too ... i cut carve in short ! too .. but thanks for the help ! is good to hear from other riders ! have a nice winter ! im going to have a BSOD this winter )
olas38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olas38 View Post
Ok , I was in a snowboard test 2 days ago , and i was riden a BSOD 162 and i was total surprise how versatil was for the size ! in this case we had 14 below centigrade afe snow storm , powder ! and ice patches at the top ... and i went into smal trails BTW the trees too ... i cut carve in short ! too .. but thanks for the help ! is good to hear from other riders ! have a nice winter ! im going to have a BSOD this winter )
second question ! i want the union bindings wish bindings are the best for BSOD ...
Old 12-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Best is relative to you, but for a general purpose, probably the Contact Pro, or the SL.
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hi dudes & dudettes, I think I'll make my debute in this forum by kidnapping this thread.

I've more or less decided to get myself a 2013 BSOD, but after hours of searching and reading I'm not sure if I should go for the 162 or the 165 (I'm hoping the 165 is the best choice because I simply love the colour ^^) and need some advice.

My stats: 185 lbs, 6'2", boot size 11, and fully grown thank you. This'll be my all mountain board; I shall bomb groomers in Europe and surf pow in Japan, some spinning but not really into big kickers or rails. Definitely not an advanced rider yet but I know what I like and I have the ambition to grow and progress.

Appreciate the help, thx.

Last edited by Anticrobotic; 12-05-2012 at 01:22 AM.
Anticrobotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

159 since it will be your charger.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrobotic View Post
Hi dudes & dudettes, I think I'll make my debut in this forum by kidnapping this thread.

I've more or less decided to get myself a 2013 BSOD, but after hours of searching and reading I'm not sure if I should go for the 162 or the 165 (I'm hoping the 165 is the best choice because I simply love the colour ^^) and need some advice.

My stats: 185 lbs, 6'2", boot size 11, and fully grown thank you. This'll be my all mountain board; I shall bomb groomers in Europe and surf pow in Japan, some spinning but not really into big kickers or rails. Definitely not an advanced rider yet but I know what I like and I have the ambition to grow and progress.

Appreciate the help, thx.
some thoughts:

was trying to pick between this and the rossi krypto for my new freeride board. I'm also 6'2", but i weight 155... I ride in the PNW.

I ended up going with krypto in 163 (was between that and the 159). Boards have similar tech, but price had a lot to do with it.
Camrock has a shorter effective edge than normal, the board is supposed to feel like its shorter than it is.

I can't wait to take it out for the first time this weekend.... hmmm will it be crystal or stevens....
laxinchili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #17 (permalink)

At 185 dry? What are you in riding gear 205? I would go 162 at least.

Per Evo size chart for Capita

159 135-170lbs
162 145-190lbs
165 155-210+

So do what you want with that info. Fast all mtn board, I go 161-165 easy and I weigh 170lbs without riding gear.
cc898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #18 (permalink)

Camrock and the similar profiles deff do a good job of making a longer board "feel" shorter, its kinda nice!
cc898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by songa View Post
another question...does capita's "waist width" measurement take into consideration the "death grip" contact point that sticks out at the middle of the board? i ask cuz if this is the case, then in practical terms, the waist is probably a bit smaller than advertised.
Yes they take the death!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxinchili View Post
some thoughts:

was trying to pick between this and the rossi krypto for my new freeride board. I'm also 6'2", but i weight 155... I ride in the PNW.

I ended up going with krypto in 163 (was between that and the 159). Boards have similar tech, but price had a lot to do with it.
Camrock has a shorter effective edge than normal, the board is supposed to feel like its shorter than it is.

I can't wait to take it out for the first time this weekend.... hmmm will it be crystal or stevens....
For japan 165 for sure 100 % .... If you ride mountains över than big bear go for little extra is alway better if you are a rat park go always a little shorter . If you are rich buy 3 boards to get cover