Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Ready to buy....Highly Confused (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/3968-ready-buy-highly-confused.html)

crappinduck 02-17-2008 12:31 PM

Ready to buy....Highly Confused

Hey guys....

Maybe you could take a second to steer me in the right direction. I have been a learner for about a year on my bro's burton board. I have make a few trips to breck and I think I am ready to buy my own board. I was inches away from buying the below until I saw the huge selection, differences, etc online. Im looking for a nice setup for around $400; new or used.

From Sports Authority:
2006 K2 board (came up between my chin and nose) Orig. 349 Clearance 139
2008 Salomon Boots Orig. 130 Clear. 90
2008 Burton aluminum bindings Orig. $140 Clear $100
Sorry, I do not have models.

After researching online, it seems name brands will manufacture specifically for companies like Sports Authority.

I would rather spend good money now and have nice beginner/intermediate equipment for the next 2 years. I have no idea what to look for in equipment as I have only used one board. My only complaints on the board I have used was that it seemed SLIGHTLY too long and there was too much give inside the boot (my heels kept moving. I would like a step in system if possible.

I'm 24, 155lbs, 5' 9" 8.5-9 Shoe size prolly just freeriding for the next year or so. After at least 150 falls & two cracked front teeth, I can make it down a couple blues @ breck.

Thanks for your time and let me know what you have!
Dave

snowsam17 02-17-2008 03:47 PM

well the one piece of advice i can give you is to never, ever buy boot online because all boots are made/sized differently and they need to fit your feet perfectly. if the sports authority boots fit you perfect, go for it, if not go somewhere else and try on boots to get a perfect fit. boots are one thig you shouldnt skimp on.

as far as the other stuff, without the models or anything i cant really tell you if its good or not. i also have no idea if the sports authority stuff is any worse... sry

SUPERGILDO 02-17-2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowsam17 (Post 36121)
well the one piece of advice i can give you is to never, ever buy boot online because all boots are made/sized differently and they need to fit your feet perfectly. if the sports authority boots fit you perfect, go for it, if not go somewhere else and try on boots to get a perfect fit. boots are one thig you shouldnt skimp on.

I agree.

On the other gear, If you just want SOMETHING, then I guess its ok, btu without models this whole post is really useless.

does your brother have more than one board? more specifically, can you always ride his burton? If you can I would say just get some GOOD boots, and with time buy your bindings and board. the end of the season is THE BEST time for that, and I buy all my new gear at that time as well. you can get some killer boards and bindings for amazing prices...