What size Skate Banana? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickmisterN View Post
Also think about the magnetraction edge as a string. Those wavy edges create a longer running surface and when "pulled straight", depending on how aggressive the magne is, will equal a board that is 5-10cm longer... in theory of course.
wow, that is one of the most retarded theories i've heard in a while...
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2011, 11:12 AM   #12 (permalink)

How is that "retarded"? Can u not grasp the concept that is being conveyed? Cause your post sounds kinda hostile, like you are mad that you never got to experience simple geometry or physics in highschool...
SlickmisterN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

at 5"6 and 160lbs i say go with the 152 for a bit more freestyle fun. either board will be ok but the extra 2cm saved can mean a quicker rotation on spins and more jibby in the park
legends6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
How is that "retarded"? Can u not grasp the concept that is being conveyed? Cause your post sounds kinda hostile, like you are mad that you never got to experience simple geometry or physics in highschool...
what is retarded is that you are saying that a shorter magnetraction board rides like a longer board with no magnetraction - because of the magnetraction technology. that sounds like you never got to experience much riding - otherwise you wouldn't regurgitate some retarded sounding irrelevant crap that was written by a manufacturer's marketing department...

oh and if you want to talk about education - i will put money on it that my education kicks the living shit out of your education and then pulls its pants down and takes a massive steaming shit on it while it is lying there all broken on the pavement.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

Thank you for all of the replies and advice everybody . And his theory does seem to make some sense to me. It's the same concept that a hypotenuse of a triangle is longer than the base. Sort of similar, difference is that magnetraction is squiggly.

And how is saying that increased running surface will, in theory provide more stability, irrelevant?

I'm new to snowboarding, so I don't know too much about the whole mechanics behind everything. I'm just saying that to me, his theory does seem to make some sense.
USAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ok, regardless of whether mangetraction makes shit longer or not, here is what you need to know.

The 154 is going to be marginally more stable at high speed than the 152. Will you be able to tell the difference? Probably not, and its probably not measureable.

Go the 152 or the 154. Just pick one and say "fuck it, i'll get that one". Were talking the difference of 2 cms here.
fattrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

Thanks for the insight. That was actually one of my concerns, what the difference in stability is and you answered that for me .
USAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:44 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetraveler View Post
what is retarded is that you are saying that a shorter magnetraction board rides like a longer board with no magnetraction - because of the magnetraction technology.

oh and if you want to talk about education - i will put money on it that my education kicks the living shit out of your education and then pulls its pants down and takes a massive steaming shit on it while it is lying there all broken on the pavement.
You are so right! That totally sounds like something an educated person would say. You even go so far as to defend your education's ego with an elementary style ontological metaphor. Please excuse me for not comprehending the genius in your posts before... hahaha

and USAF the difference really is going to be negligible at that point

Last edited by SlickmisterN; 05-25-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:13 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
You had how magnetraction works entirely wrong. Think steak knife, not longer blade. (the difference in edge length also wouldn't have been 5-10cm, considering how hard magne is to notice.) The different points create rougher contact into ice, biting deeper/better.

Last edited by TofuSama; 05-25-2011 at 09:34 PM.
TofuSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TofuSama View Post
You had how magnetraction works entirely wrong. Think steak knife, not longer blade. (the difference in edge length also wouldn't have been 5-10cm, considering how hard magne is to notice.) The different points create rougher contact into ice, biting deeper/better.
The two concepts are intrinsically linked.

Step one, get some floss and scotch tape.

Step two, trace a Travis Rice or Banana Magic's edge using said floss and tape

Step three, surprise yourself with how little you know about life and the world around you.