161 jones flagship vs 161.5 T. Rice - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 161 jones flagship vs 161.5 T. Rice

Stuck between the 161 flagship and the 161.5 T. Rice board for powder I know the jones was designed for powder but I am also looking for a board that will still be good when the hill is tracked out. I love my 59 skate banana and the Magnetraction so that's why i am considering the T Rice board. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great

cheers
bigdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdirty View Post
Stuck between the 161 flagship and the 161.5 T. Rice board for powder I know the jones was designed for powder but I am also looking for a board that will still be good when the hill is tracked out. I love my 59 skate banana and the Magnetraction so that's why i am considering the T Rice board. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great

cheers
Given these two options solely, I would go the Libtech. You like the tech, and it'll be a little more diverse.
fattrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdirty View Post

cheers
How big are you? I don't know anything about the Flagship, but I own the 161.5 TRice. I wouldn't call it a powder board, but it definitely performs well in the powder despite my size (6'4'' 200).

If 161 is a big board for you, then it could be a pretty good powder specific board. If that's not on the big side for you, it could still be a nice board, but not the best powder specific option (just depending on how specific you want to be). Great alternative to a 59 Banana though.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

If you're looking for a powder board, get the powder specialized board. I love my T. Rice to death, but it's nothing particularly special in deep powder.
Irahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

The Jones is directional hybrid rocker and the Lib is not directional rocker (Banana with camber points).

If you ride switch a lot in pow, go with the Lib. If not, the Jones kicks ass.

Neither are pow specific but do awesome in the pow. The Jones is a "big mtn" board and the T.rice is an all mountain slayer.

Jones makes the Hovercraft as a pow specific and LibTech makes the mullet and Banana Hammock as their pow specific
Sick-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I as going to make the same comment, the jones is very directional, the lib is a twin. The jones mountain twin is closer to. A trice, a gnu billygoat is closer to a flagship.