Good Slalom Board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 10:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Good Slalom Board

Hey guys, I'm looking for a board/binding set to use while racing. My only problem is that before and after the races I have no time to switch boards (The school team rides until all skiers and boarders are done racing). So what I need is an all-mountain board that could excel at slalom. I'm about 5'6 and I weigh around 120.

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: Traditional camber prefered.

Last edited by Whistlin' Kid; 05-24-2011 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Add detail
Whistlin' Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Slalom hahahahaha that's about as queer as a 3 dollar bill. Leave the race course and go ride some real terrain.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Slalom hahahahaha that's about as queer as a 3 dollar bill. Leave the race course and go ride some real terrain.
An unfortunate comment by someone who should have a real answer.

OP,

Your choices for a cambered, all mountain board that doubles as a race board are going to be fairly limited. I'd look into a Burton custom x as it's a great all mountain board that will provide the speed, stability, and snap out of a turn that should make you competitive with other soft-booters.
SJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

I dont know about him, but the only reason im on my highschool team is to be able to go ride 20+ days a year instead of at max 10. Parents are a lot more willing to help out and drive if its for a school sport. I dont even like racing, i get up there, do the course like twice then bail to the park, and if theres powder, forget about even doing he course you wont see me there all day. Im riding a 152 skate banana and i have no problems racing though when i have to, but you seem more serious about it than i am so i'd say get something cambered and more stiff.
myschims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myschims View Post
I dont know about him, but the only reason im on my highschool team is to be able to go ride 20+ days a year instead of at max 10. Parents are a lot more willing to help out and drive if its for a school sport. I dont even like racing, i get up there, do the course like twice then bail to the park, and if theres powder, forget about even doing he course you wont see me there all day. Im riding a 152 skate banana and i have no problems racing though when i have to, but you seem more serious about it than i am so i'd say get something cambered and more stiff.
that's my situation aswell. only reason I want to do well is because our best riders graduate this year and i'm now the fastest. thanks a bunch!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
AAA

For top-shelf North American rides, Prior is right in your backyard and makes various race-specific boards that would suit you well. Donek in Colorado makes race boards, too. If you're looking to stay in softboots, Donek makes a softboot race board called the Saber. Both also make full-on hardboot / metal construction race decks, if you want to make that leap. Coiler is also out of Canada and makes strictly hardboot decks. All of them will build custom boards to your specs and will advise on models and construction. In fact, Coiler ONLY builds custom boards to your specs. I have a 182cm Coiler NSR2 that is insanely fast and that I love (though I'm a non-racer), so I'm partial to them, but all are highly respected. Donek and Prior could probably get a board in your hands in a few weeks, whereas Coiler's lead time is alot longer (small shop / big backlog apparently)...order now to have your board sometime next season. Google them. They're all online. Elite stuff comes at an "elite" price though, so be forewarned. There are also European options, Kessler, etc. making Olympic level boards, but the prices generally go higher yet. Of course a cheaper option would be to find a suitable board in the regular production lineup from one of the bigger companies. I just don't follow the mainstream stuff enough to offer advise on those models, though, so maybe others can chime in.
AAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

wow, thanks! i've been checking out prior a fair bit, but ill take a look at coiler (:
Old 05-28-2011, 06:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Oh just go put your hard boots on and ski.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Nah i think he should go with the monoski
Qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Oh just go put your hard boots on and ski.
i hate hardboots. doesnt feel like snowboarding to me :P