I am that newbie who got the vapor (with a reason), so please advise.. - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2008, 03:09 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$han View Post
^ I actually thought the vapor was the uber stiff one with the CF weave in it.... i just wanted to see how a stiff & light board feels, but I'm open to trying out the youngblood I wanna get a park board next year, most likely a Rome Machine at the ski/snowboard show, but it all depends on availability (haha, yeah, Im gonna have to go on the first day...lol)

lmk
hahah, well, you TOO can try it, but I was referring to wayshie since he's so unsure of whether he bought something way over his head.
I mainly wanted him to feel the difference between control and riding ability of 2 opposite boards.
But yea, you can try it too

I was at the show on the first day this year (err..2007) and it was a ZOO!!! but I got all of my equip for 800, so it was still a good price. At retail(if we take the price stickers at face value), I would have paid about 1500.
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2008, 03:53 PM   #32 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

I think it's funny how you two are like well you can ride it to when the dude hasn't even been like well yea sure you can give it a shot. I don't mind if I lend out my brand new $600 toy to people I have never met before.

And wayshie I would keep the thing because you know it will only help you in the long run. It will kick your ass for a little bit but then you'll get the hang of it and you'll be fine. What it is gunna do is get you comfortable with going fast and with a board that responds fast and catches and holds an edge like no tommorrow. Plus when you decide you move to a softer more playful board it will only be that much more fun and easier to use. I know I've been there, I went from a 01' Burton Bullet 169 which was super stiff for me to a Rome 156 Anthem, then to a Rome 155 Agent and here in a few weeks I'm gunna pick up a Rome 155 Graft Getting softer and softer, but I still keep all the others.

Last edited by Dcp584; 02-21-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Dcp584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:11 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcp584 View Post
I think it's funny how you two are like well you can ride it to when the dude hasn't even been like well yea sure you can give it a shot. I don't mind if I lend out my brand new $600 toy to people I have never met before.

And wayshie I would keep the thing because you know it will only help you in the long run. It will kick your ass for a little bit but then you'll get the hang of it and you'll be fine. What it is gunna do is get you comfortable with going fast and with a board that responds fast and catches and holds an edge like no tommorrow. Plus when you decide you move to a softer more playful board it will only be that much more fun and easier to use. I know I've been there, I went from a 01' Burton Bullet 169 which was super stiff for me to a Rome 156 Anthem, then to a Rome 155 Agent and here in a few weeks I'm gunna pick up a Rome 155 Graft Getting softer and softer, but I still keep all the others.
I think you misunderstood DCP. Krishan only asked if he could ride the vapour. and I offered MY board for the OP to ride, so he could see/feel the difference between a soft board, and a stiff board.

You 2nd paragraph though, is exactly what I've been saying as well though, so it's nice to see I'm not alone in that opinion.
It seems most people don't have faith in the OP .
romesaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:10 AM   #34 (permalink)
sl33pyriceboi

im on the same boat as you... im also 5'7" and 200lbs

i rode my friends salomon 157 for the first 5 times.....totally loved it...

then i looked into getting a brand new burton custom x.....

i was warned against this board beause its a stiff board and not for beginners...

however, i totally love the board.....it has wayyyyyyy more control than i got from teh salomon.....plus, as i get better at snowboarding, i will appreciate this board more......

btw, that board got my going on black dimond on my 7th time boading... =] (this is my first season)