Neversummerneversummerneversummerneverneversummere tcetc - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Neversummerneversummerneversummerneverneversummere tcetc

Alright guys,

Trying to decide on a Never Summer board to add to the quiver or whatever we're supposed to say. I got a 56 Skate Banana which I FULLY F***ING LOVE but if I don't get a NS soon I'm going to have to cut my eyeballs out in protest!

So basically what I am saying is:

Heritage
Raptor
Premier
Proto CT

Which one to compliment the banana? What is the opposite of the Skate banana (if you get me..?!?) Where my SB is a little jittery when bombing and not super floaty in pow what will laugh in the face of these issues? I'm guessing that the SL and the Evo are more geared to park related things and I do want a fully ultimate free ride board to fill the gaps.

I was thinking heritage., then I was thinking premier f1 then I read Bluetroll's review of the Raptor...... What to do.....?

Please help or I'll have no eyeballs

Peace

Last edited by syphabiscuit; 06-08-2011 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Was written wrong
syphabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

opposite of ur SB would be the raptor
legends6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

And if you want to take it down a notch from the Raptor to add a little more playfullness, the Heritage would be the next best thing.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Where are you riding, and what are you trying to do when freeriding? For pure technical lines, the Raptor is going to be an ideal board. If you like to throw a little more freestyle in there, I would go with the Heritage.
killclimbz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
Where are you riding, and what are you trying to do when freeriding? For pure technical lines, the Raptor is going to be an ideal board. If you like to throw a little more freestyle in there, I would go with the Heritage.
Well, I live in England so I have to travel to wherever to ride. Normally Alps, (Tignes, Val d'isere, Les Menuires) Sweden but am planning to go to Whistler this Winter. I guess I am not really one for only bombing down runs. I do like to throw jumps in etc and will be getting more and more ambitious with kickers. But is the Heritage sufficiently far from the SB?
Old 06-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboMaster View Post
And if you want to take it down a notch from the Raptor to add a little more playfullness, the Heritage would be the next best thing.
Is the premierf1 not between the raptor and the heritage in terms of playfulness?
Old 06-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I ride a Heritage split for bc riding. I have been more than happy with it's big mountain performance. It is far removed from a Banana. Not even close to being the same boards. The banana is a noodle compared to a Heritage.
killclimbz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syphabiscuit View Post
Well, I live in England so I have to travel to wherever to ride. Normally Alps, (Tignes, Val d'isere, Les Menuires) Sweden but am planning to go to Whistler this Winter. I guess I am not really one for only bombing down runs. I do like to throw jumps in etc and will be getting more and more ambitious with kickers. But is the Heritage sufficiently far from the SB?
Do you really want a freeride board? Sounds like you still want something that will allow you a playful ride. Most of the boards mentioned are geared more towards bombing down the piste.

The Proto is twin tip and slightly less damp than the SL. If you're looking for a do it all board go Proto. If you want something with a little play but also gives you an option for pow then the SL may be better as it's directional.

If I'm way off the mark then I did review a 2012 Premier F1. It carved like a dream, holding an edge excellently. Unfortunately there was no pow but from the shape of the board, it's flex pattern and RC it should work well. However, it wasn't as much fun freestyle, particularly any type of nollie as the nose is softer than the tail.

Have you spoken to the UK distributer Maxtrack? I have details if you need them.
fatbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

I would say however, although I don't bomb every run I do find the SB a little soft and not "tank" enough sometimes, which must mean I want something that can plough through anything as my next board. Also POW POW POW if there is powder - that is where I will be. And I do enjoy carving but don't get to try much on the SB as it is just that bit too soft..... Do please pass on the Maxtrack details. thanks for all of the input here guys.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

And also, as I have the SB surely I do want something in contrast... No? Is that not how snowboarding works?