Riders choice v trs - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Riders choice v trs

Hey,

This is my first post so I hope this hasn't been done before.

I'm looking at getting a new board and can't decide between the gnu riders choice and the lib tech trs (both in c2btx). I know they are extremely similar boards but does anyone know of any differences that make one the better choice?

I'm also not sure of what size to get - 151 or 154? I'm 5'10 and 134lbs and size 8us. My last board was a Burton operator 152 and that didn't feel to long or short but this board is completely different. I have ridden a park pickle 150 and loved the rocker and flex but didn't spend too much time on it so I couldnt tell if it was too short especially because I will be riding mountain as well as park and I want to go back to Japan so something that will be good in the pow.

I did look at the riders choice in 154.5 in the shop and it was still just under my chin (I've heard the between the chin and nose thing) but I do like to ride a little shorter because I'm so light.

I have been reading a fair bit and have heard that the TNT base on the trs is not very good as it doesn't hold wax well and it is quite soft (gets damaged easily). Does anyone know if this is correct and if so if the riders choice is any better.

I am also open to other board suggestions but have looked at most (park pickle/skate banana/t. Rice/ never summer (wish I could get one in Australia).

Thanks for any help guys
Really appreciate it

Last edited by ge_morgan; 06-08-2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Forgot info
ge_morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2011, 09:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have also been reading the good ride reviews and they rate the riders choice as a bit better at high speeds and carves a bit better. Has anyone ridden both and can comment...

Thanks again
ge_morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Board size is more dependent on weight than height, so for your weight I'd definitely recommend something around the 151cm mark.

I recently bought the Riders Choice (not ridden yet) because it is meant to be more playful than the TRS which also has a stiffer flex. If you're mainly riding all-mtn then the TRS might just be the best option, but if you're looking to press some boxes and hit other small park features than I'd pick up the Riders Choice.

Almost every brand makes a mid-flex true-twin board that is pretty similar to both the Riders Choice and the TRS so it may be worth checking out some alternatives from brand likes Never Summer boards etc.
alternatevista is offline   Reply With Quote