Burton boot sizing same between models? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2008, 01:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Default Burton boot sizing same between models?

Well after 2.5 seasons and a LOT of days snowboarding my Burton Ions are finally getting a little cashed. The speed lace system is starting to tear from the sides of the boot and is causing me some pretty crappy pressure points if I tighten them enough to get rid of the heel lift. I found a slamming deal on some Burton Moto's but unfortunately it is online. I normally wouldn't consider getting them on the internet but the deal is really catching my eye. My current Burton Ions are 8.5 so would it be safe to say that the Moto in an 8.5 would be the same size? I can go try them on in a store but it would be a good drive for me that I would like to avoid if possible. I know I'll probably end up having to do it but I wanted to see what some of you knowledgeable boot people have to say. Even if they last me this season I'll be stoked because I plan on buying some SL-10's this summer.
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2008, 01:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
SUPERGILDO

ive always steered from burtons because of the foam packing issues I always hear about them. if you are just looking for a boot to get you by this season, maybe just go to like a sports authority or dicks sporting goods and get a boot with not as big of a name brand. burton is very marked up for what you get...
Old 02-18-2008, 01:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Well I am definitely just about the furthest you can get from being a Burton whore but I do love their boots. Mine performed well and got me through many days on many different types of terrain so I have no problem sticking with their boots. They fit my feet well and until my current ones starting getting really worn out, they were really comfortable. I live about 1 hour from the closest Sports Authority and even further from Dicks. I might just shoot down to Christy Sports and see what they've got but I can't stand going down to Denver (the shitty as we call it here) unless I can get a lot of shit done down there. I've got to say that with the amount of days my Burton Ions have on them, I can't complain one bit, it's just time for new ones.

Last edited by Mr. Right; 02-18-2008 at 02:00 AM.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
SUPERGILDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Right View Post
Well I am definitely just about the furthest you can get from being a Burton whore but I do love their boots. Mine performed well and got me through many days on many different types of terrain so I have no problem sticking with their boots. They fit my feet well and until my current ones starting getting really worn out, they were really comfortable. I live about 1 hour from the closest Sports Authority and even further from Dicks. I might just shoot down to Christy Sports and see what they've got but I can't stand going down to Denver (the shitty as we call it here) unless I can get a lot of shit done down there. I've got to say that with the amount of days my Burton Ions have on them, I can't complain one bit, it's just time for new ones.
thats good to hear. maybe you can find a last season stowaway somwhere on the internet and get a really good price...
Old 02-18-2008, 04:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
FilmerD

I'd personally go Burton, Vans, or 32 since they have been proven to be the best. I'd go with a pair of 32s from last year.

As far as the sizing, I think it's probably around the same size. Go a little smaller if you want to be absolutely sure. You can fix a boot that's a little too small, but not one that's a little too big.