What board for me? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 02:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What board for me?

Hey guys I'm looking to get a new board for next season and i have a few questions. First, I was wondering what size board should i get? I'm 5'7" and 120 lbs and wear a size 10 boot. I used a size calculator and it said for a park board I would need a 143. I thought this seemed sort of small and thought for park I'd need in the 145-150 range. My next question is what board should I get? I'm probably going to get a rocker board and was thinking about the k2 www 145 or the rome artifact rocker 150. I was also maybe thinking about getting a ride kink 147 but was unsure because it's a 'flat' board. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jed
Veteran Member

Size: 143-145 sounds about right for size for your weight.

What sort of park riding are you doing? The K2 WWW and Ride Artifact are both really soft jib snowboards, I wouldn't be hitting any jumps on them but if you're just riding rails they're great.

Don't be afraid of flat camber snowboards, they perform great, very similar to riding a camber snowboard. Rocker isn't everything, in fact a lot of companies still haven't got their rocker technology quite right.

If you want something that's not just a jib snowboard, but can handle jumps well too I'd have a look at a K2 Parkstar or Darkstar.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

I mostly ride rails so I was looking for a softer jib board. Thanks for all the info too I think I am going to go with the K2 WWW rocker.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jed
Veteran Member

No worries, happy to help. Yeah the K2 WWW is a great choice for jibbing, I played around with one myself and it was a lot of fun for rails and boxes.