Suggestions of first used board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2008, 08:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
paintballjunkey

Wink Suggestions of first used board

So I just started boarding this season and it has been quite a blast. But renting prices are pretty ridiculous and I'm thinking finding a used board at the end of the season might be a good idea. I don't know that I have a budget but I'm thinking somewhere around 400/500 total(boots,bindings,board). I like burton stuff a lot And I've been riding around 160 boards. Also I don't like step ins. I mainly go down the slopes and hit jumps but I have been starting to get into the terrain park. Gone over a couple of box's nothing to big

Heres my stats for you guys to help me out with looking for a nice cheap used board

Height: 6'2"
Style: I'd say a board thats just good all around
Weight: 175
Boot Size: 13

Thanks a lot for anyone's input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2008, 08:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
SUPERGILDO

I dont like to recommend ebay but you might want to check there for a used board. just be VERY weary and question the seller a lot about condition and pictures. Its hard to find any certain board used I think. You like burton stuff but why? I would lean away from burton myself...
Old 02-18-2008, 08:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
paintballjunkey

Well I used a burton rental and that was the best out of the three I've ridden Saturday I rode on a rossingol and that wasn't bad and I used a shitty step on at a cheap slope. I guess brand isnt a huge deal because I don't know too much of a difference. But why do you not like burton
Old 02-18-2008, 08:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

try craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums you maybe lucky and find a new or used one for a good price..
BUT make sure you see the board before you buy it! i got lucky and got a brand new never used 08 burton blunt for 200 in the begining of the season, because someone won it in a raffel and they dont snowboard! "suckers lol"
NYCboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
SUPERGILDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballjunkey View Post
Well I used a burton rental and that was the best out of the three I've ridden Saturday I rode on a rossingol and that wasn't bad and I used a shitty step on at a cheap slope. I guess brand isnt a huge deal because I don't know too much of a difference. But why do you not like burton
rentals arent such a good basis of judgement IMO. burton is WAY over rated and mass produced. thats never a good combo. Anyways, I would check out brands like rome, nitro, Omatic. But hey if you find a good priced good condish burton, go for it. as long as your out there having fun
Old 02-18-2008, 08:50 AM   #6 (permalink)

"Size 13 boot" Look for a wide board. most company's make wide boards for bigfoot people like your self.
Try some of th ediscount retailers online. You should be able to come close to that budget wit hall new stuff, albeit last years models
Skis, Snowboards, Wakeboards, and Apparel | evo is one of my favorites, notice the closeout section.
Jeffksf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Metalhead505

IMO i like burtons they are good. For your foot size your need a wide. Try going to a local snowboard dealer and see what they have used.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
paintballjunkey

Thanks for all the helpful feedback and I definitely think I'm gonna look for a wide cuz I noticed on some of the boards I used if I carved to hard my toes were digging in to the groomers. I've been looking at some of the stuff online and is there really a huge difference between like a $300 boot and a $100 boot and same between board and bindings. I saw on another post that boots are the most important thing or something.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Metalhead505

Dont get boots online, go to a dealer and try them on first, read the Boot Fitting Guild first! Also always go to a dealer before buying online, That is what I did and Im happy for that, just use the web for research!!!