Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Signal Park Rocker vs Nitro Swindle (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/40004-signal-park-rocker-vs-nitro-swindle.html)

uh oh a virus 06-22-2011 07:34 PM

Signal Park Rocker vs Nitro Swindle
 
Alright so I'm currently riding the Swindle. I like it and all, but because I passed my Spanish opt. 2 test(I'm horrible at Spanish, I studied FOREVER for that test)My parent's are buying me a new board for next season :cheeky4: Now the Park Rocker is old, but you can't deny at how sexy it is on the rails. Do you think the Park Rocker is a good buy, or should I get a different board, and if so... any recommendations? I only ride park and I'd say that I'm a medium rider. I'm good, but can still definitely improve. I'm also getting a pair of Ride bindings to go along with it. Thanks for the help!

Nivek 06-23-2011 01:15 AM

It's fun, but it's just not versatile enough.

Get your moneys worth and get a 2012 Arbor Blacklist. The Blacklist is possibly one of my favorite boards of all time. Though if you want to stick with Signal, wait for the 2012 drop and get the Rocker Light. It was a super fun board and killer on rails with enough board to hit some jumps. It also comes in zero cam if you wanna stick with that.

Cr0_Reps_Smit 06-23-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 405571)
It's fun, but it's just not versatile enough.

Get your moneys worth and get a 2012 Arbor Blacklist. The Blacklist is possibly one of my favorite boards of all time. Though if you want to stick with Signal, wait for the 2012 drop and get the Rocker Light. It was a super fun board and killer on rails with enough board to hit some jumps. It also comes in zero cam if you wanna stick with that.

ive heard alot of good things about that board so that may be a good choice, i would also suggest the never summer evo or even the nitro rook from nitro. the rook has a flat camber so itll be a little better on the jumps then your swindle but still kills the rails.

uh oh a virus 06-23-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cr0_Reps_Smit (Post 405592)
ive heard alot of good things about that board so that may be a good choice, i would also suggest the never summer evo or even the nitro rook from nitro. the rook has a flat camber so itll be a little better on the jumps then your swindle but still kills the rails.

Thanks for the heads up! Honestly though, watching some reviews the Rocker looked horrible unless your doing presses. Here on the "Iced" Coast, the Rocker would get me killed :laugh:

Cr0_Reps_Smit 06-23-2011 10:45 AM

the rocker on the never summer? i ride on the east coast as well and i find it to be no problem. it even has a unique side cut made for gripping better then normal.

uh oh a virus 06-23-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cr0_Reps_Smit (Post 405623)
the rocker on the never summer? i ride on the east coast as well and i find it to be no problem. it even has a unique side cut made for gripping better then normal.

Wait which one? I heard that the Park Rocker can't grip ice for shit.

Cr0_Reps_Smit 06-23-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uh oh a virus (Post 405626)
Wait which one? I heard that the Park Rocker can't grip ice for shit.

when i said "that board" i was quoting nivek with his recommendation with the arbor blacklist. didnt notice he said something about another board too

uh oh a virus 06-23-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cr0_Reps_Smit (Post 405630)
when i said "that board" i was quoting nivek with his recommendation with the arbor blacklist. didnt notice he said something about another board too

Haha, alright. So your saying that the blacklist has that good feature?

Cr0_Reps_Smit 06-23-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uh oh a virus (Post 405631)
Haha, alright. So your saying that the blacklist has that good feature?

well to be honest i got pretty confused when you said rocker and thought you were talking about the evo but the arbor has something in their sidecut for added grip as well.


the never summer evo has what they call vario power grip, where the radius of the side cut changes from being deeper towards the tip and tail, a little more shallow going towards the feet and completely straight in the middle.

the arbor has a normal side cut for the most part except for right under both bindings there a bump the is suppose to grip the snow better

uh oh a virus 06-23-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cr0_Reps_Smit (Post 405633)
well to be honest i got pretty confused when you said rocker and thought you were talking about the evo but the arbor has something in their sidecut for added grip as well.


the never summer evo has what they call vario power grip, where the radius of the side cut changes from being deeper towards the tip and tail, a little more shallow going towards the feet and completely straight in the middle.

the arbor has a normal side cut for the most part except for right under both bindings there a bump the is suppose to grip the snow better

Ohhhh. Well I've only heard good things about the Evo so I'm definitely checking it out.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2