Questions About Gear For My Wife - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 10:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

She will likely love the boots (as long as the fitter knew his/her shit) and I promise she will love the bindings once she gets used to em.
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2008, 10:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
ndiggity

Sounds like a good length for her. I'm a male, but when I got a board probably at the same ability as your wife, I was like 5 feet and got a 143 since its definetly easier to throw around a smaller board. I am now 5'7 and 120 lbs, and just bought a 154 now that my skill level has progressed. So a 147 is a great inbetween size imo.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
livelyjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Right View Post
She will likely love the boots (as long as the fitter knew his/her shit) and I promise she will love the bindings once she gets used to em.
The fitter knew what she was talking about, and I printed out the boot fitting guide from this site and had it with us. My wife did like the Burton Lodi, but said there were a few slight pressure points. The second Burton she tried on didn't fit very well. Then she tried on the Salomon Vigil and fell in love. Then a Vans and her heel slipped noticeably when leaning forward.

Doing all this research and shopping made me realize how much I hate my current boots. They were the cheapest I could find on sale and they were the only boots in my size. No idea what the model is but they are Lamar. The suck and I will be getting new boots next season. My bindings are Salomon SP3 (from 1999 or 2000) and are still a pretty solid binding. One thing I didn't realize was the toe strap on my binding can be used more across the front of the boot, when I thought it could only be used over the toe. My Santa Cruz board is still in good shape, but the edge on it is completely different than on my wife's. It's extremely thin. Any ways, time to plan out our first boarding trip this winter.