T rice 161.5 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 02:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default T rice 161.5

I know I just posted a thread about the lib tech TRS, but after booking hours of reading reviews the t. rice just seems like an all around better board with a stiffness that will allow me to play in the park and on steeps. That being said is a 161.5 too large for me? I'm 5'8" and 175lbs, mostly freeride, starting to get into park, thanks!
Sflow25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

When you say play in the park, what do you mean? If you mean butters, boxes and rails, I'd steer you away from the TRice, especially at 161.5. It's a pretty stiff board and that would be a pretty big park board for you.

I'm 6'4'' 200 and ride the 161.5 for all mountain.

If you like the TRice, you should go smaller, but if you are looking to play in the park there are probably better decks for you.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Its a great all mountain board i own it and love it. As far as park it is not what i use or prefer at all. Specially the 161.5 i have the 157 which is blunted and would still not use it in the park. I would not use the TRS either unless you only want to hit bigger kickers both are more than capable in that department. If you want something to jib with go skate banana. Also check out some other board companies. I would take a look at the never summer evo.
kramer213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #4 (permalink)

I dont really jib too much, I only hit jumps in the park and do free ride. I don't know too much about NS boards, but people on here see pretty stoked on them.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

if that is all your really doing the t rice would be a good fit for you, its a fun board. NS has the same rocker camber set up like lib techs C2. The evo would be good if you want to do some jibbing but are also looking for more of a all around board. It would be like the skate banana (if your familiar with lib techs boards) but more of a complete package. I think from what you are saying though the t rice would be a good fit for you it is a hard charging board though, if your focus is going fast and hitting big kickers get it. If you like to ride at a moderate to high speed and hit good sized kickers check out the Neversummer SL it is also i really nice board.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks a lot guys. I will take a look at the NS SL. However, I think I'll just end up splurging and getting the t.rice hp in the 157 even though its not on sale. I can't seem to find if the 2012 T.rice hp is going to have anything new on it. Does anyone know if it does?
Old 07-03-2011, 01:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

No, same board just different graphics.
skip11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah go for it, just an FYI the HP is pretty sick but it is a shiny/sparkly top sheet its pretty tight in my opinion, but just be ready for it
Old 07-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yeah that top sheet is soooo dope. The HP is supposed to be stiffer and lighter because of the basalt. Did you not notice it? if its not really noticeable I'll just try to get over my love for that top sheet and just get the non-hp board.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

I was stoked on the HP and idk i noticed it but it wasnt noticeable enough for me to justify the cost but i am a struggling college student haha Honestly though if i would of had the extra money i would have went for it just because of how sick it looked.