2012 Rome Mod...or... 2012 Ride DH - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2011, 01:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2012 Rome Mod...or... 2012 Ride DH

So everyone what are your opinions on which board would be better for slaying the jumps, going fast , and doing insane ollies maybe even doing a little jibing. If there are any other boards you think are even better than these that are true twin ( not directional twin ) and have really nice pop with not a super hard flex that you want to share with everybody that would be cool!

Basically I just want some help deciding on my next board. Next season I really want to enter some comps
and hit a lot of jumps. And work on having a SUPER high ollie. I have been riding a DH2 which is a pretty solid board but I just want a little more pop and better response aswell as a true twin that is little softer than than a 2009 DH2.
Thanks

Im 5'8
130 lb
But growing at an immense rate!

Again im looking for a Mainly jump oriented board but im also curious on how these boards handle jib.
Also im planling on also getting a jib stick so what is a really good jib stick for 2012.
dkzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2011, 02:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The 2012 DH2 is probably the poppiest board I have ever ridden. It not forgiving and a chore to press. It is stiffer than your 09'.

Try an Arbor Westmark 153, Nitro Rook 154, Center up a Signal Omni 153, or a K2 Happy Hour 154 (?).

If you're thinkin you'll gain more than 20lbs get the next size up in all.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Thanks but care to help further?

So out of the boards you listed im interested in the Arbor Westmark and Nitro Rook. It seems to me that the Arbor westmark in a rocker and the nitro rook is flat based. So with pop and ollies in mind how will these boards pair up to camber boards? Also If you have ridden them what are they like? and what do these boards do that other boards don't do as well? Also I have only hear of arbor since reading theses forums im interested in there products what are they like. I only ask this because i dont even think i know what a bad snowboard feels like! My first board was a 5150 shooter ( which looking back was pretty bad ) and I have a 2009 Ride DH2 this board is sick but I really want to know if there are improvements for my style of rideing which is Showing off in lift lines and tow ropes and basically doing aerials off 30-70 foot jumps as well maybe doing some jibing on the way and playing random SKATE variation games. I also play in the pow when its around but I can pretty well handle any board in deep pow! Just a little background info! Also this forum ROCKS I think i will be coming here alot to fulfill my snowboard needs!
dkzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Zero cam feels like very broken in camber boards. Full rocker has a skate feel to it. They way you pop a zero cam board is more similar in feel to camber where with rocker's you don't load the tail to get snap. You just snap. So they are going to feel different. You also just tend to ride the board more centered. Where with a cambered board you really play with your weight from tip to tip in turns and such pushing through and whatnot.

Right now if I personally wanted a predominantly jump oriented stick that was also my only board I would most likely get a Westmark.

Nitro is big in Europe, so their sidecuts are good in ice and let you turn like them rad hardbooterz. System with griptech is possibly the best sidecut theory for anti camber I've ever ridden. Fully stable yet still center reverse playfull.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote