in need of a new park board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default in need of a new park board

last year i rode a 152 skate banana, i love it but its starting to delam. im looking for something similar...a little shorter (147-150) and less noodley. ive heard good things about Capita boards but ive never ridden one. any suggestions?

edit: price isnt an issue
j.gnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

You're going to hear it a lot, but the Never Summer Evo. Can't say I've used it myself, but if I were able to excuse dropping the money on it, I'd be picking up and Evo for a park board. the Proto CT isn't a bad choice as well, but it's a little stiffer than you probably want.
TofuSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'd probably decide on the camber profile you wanted before looking at specific boards. The c2btx boards from LibTech/Gnu, and the NeverSummer (not sure about other brands but they probably have their own equivelant with different naming conventions) boards have a nice hybrid camber profile which is good in the park but also better all-mtn than many other profiles.

The 2012 model Never Summer Evo with blunted nose/tail looks to be a really solid board and I don't think you'd have any issues with it. If you're used to riding reverse camber it will be a bit of change adjusting to most of the Capita shaped boards but maybe they're better for park riding?

I was in a similar dilemma and decided to get the GNU riders choice in 151.5 (usually ride 155cm reverse camber). Haven't taken it out yet but my reasoning was I wanted something smaller and more playful but still capable of riding all-mtn. Binding choice plays a big part too, Flux RK30 / K2 Hurrithane or similar bindings are going to give any board a looser feel.
alternatevista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Smaller and less noodly? Why? Or could you mean smaller but actually somewhat stable since BTX is dumb?

I think the ET comes in a 149, Salomon Popstar is geared towards the asian market so its a cambered park stick (I think built off the Riot) for smaller guys, Signal makes the Park down to like a 135, and next year it comes with a carbon strip as well as a Rocker light and zero cam option, the Nitro Swindle drops down to 148, the Flow Verve comes in a 149, and the Westmark comes in a 150.

The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive 2012 Signal Yusaku Park Used and Reviewed
The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive 2012 Signal Park Rocker Lite Used and Reviewed
The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive 2012 Nitro Swindle Used and Reviewed
The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive 2012 Flow Verve Used and Reviewed
The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive 2012 Arbor Westmark Used and Reviewed

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote