looking for some board input - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default looking for some board input

hey guys im looking for a little bit of help with ordering a new board. i have been riding for a few years and am looking to get a new board for this year. i currently live in florida so testing out boards is out of the question. this is where i need some help from all of you. I am 6'0 170 lbs and looking to get a board around a 155. i ride about 70% park and the rest of the time im tearing down the mountain as fast as i can. most of my riding is done in the northeast so any info on how the board handles ice would be great. im looking for any info or input you guys have on the follow boards. K2 WWW, K2 Parkstar, Ride Kink, and Burton Blunt. any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Tech420; 07-06-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Tech420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

after some more reading it looks like the parkstar wide 157 will be the best choice for me. anyone have experience with this board? it will go with some p1.1 bindings and awol boots.
Tech420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

hi i just did research for similar riding type and size, i'm 6 ft 1/2 in and weigh 145-150 lbs, the WWW is like a jib toy i wouldnt really recommend it for what you want unless you have another board for non park, the park stars pretty good but its not that great for anything but the park, i chose the rome agent rocker, it's an all mtn free style with a larger park emphasis it has the hybrid camber so its good for everything including pow and its good for the park, i got the 155 so i think you should get a 157 since u weigh 170 but 155 could work i guess the parkstars a great board though
Steez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

and i got the regular non wide agent rocker 155, im size 11-11.5 boot but im getting size 11 boot in the out sole reduction boots so i dont have to ride a wide board
Steez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Not totally sure if it would work better, but keeping with the K2 theme the Darkstar might not be bad to check out. It has flatline rather than a form of rocker, so it's a bit like a cambered board when you're on ice (which is better than being on a rocker board). It's a bit more all-mountain than the parkstar I believe.

Now, if you're on ice a lot, you might want to consider some other companies that use magnatraction or some variant.

NeverSummer Evo has vario grip which should help with some of the ice. It's also reverse camber rather than a form of rocker, so it's a bit more stable. They used to be pretty stable too, but I'm not sure if they've lightened up a bit on that aspect.

Mervin (Lib-Tech, GNU) has some stuff. I don't know much about them to be honest. I'll let other people talk.

Smokin Snowboards 2010-2011 Good boards (from what I've heard anyways) that usually have magnatraction.

I believe YES uses something similar to magnatraction (or is). Burton also has their own tech, but I'm not too familiar with their line besides some of the more famous models.

Do you need magnatraction or an equivalent? No. Would it be nice on ice? Depends, some people swear by it, some hate it.*

Anyways, that should give you a bit of range to look at. Other people can certainly describe more about the individual boards (most with some personal experience probably). Hope this helped a bit!

*Smooth Side, Smooth Ride in my opinion
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Signal Omni, Arbor Westmark, Flow Era, Nitro Rook, Bataleon Whatever, or a Rome Agent Rocker. In that order too. Something like a 155, 156.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

tl;dr other replies

kink and www are jib sticks and wet noodles, probably not what you're looking for.

alaric is offline   Reply With Quote