Is The 2012 Ride DH The New Society UL? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Is The 2012 Ride DH The New Society UL?

I have just realized that the society UL is no longer in the ride 2011-2012 catalog as well the DH's FLEX-O-METER level is now 9 instead of 6. So is it safe to say the the 2012 DH is 2012 version of the Society? it only makes sense since the DH is the only true twin camber board in rides line up and meets the FLEX-O-METER scale the same as the society. So my question is: Is the stiffness of the 2012 DH up to par with the society UL or is the FLEX-O-METER rating these boards on TRUE RESPONSE rather than flex? meaning the DH has a flex of 6-7 but the response of the board is a 9 MAKEING IT AWESOME or is the 2012 DH actually stiff meaning that there is no cambered medium flexing free style board in the 2012 Ride collection? This situation is really a win loose situation because I was planing last season on buying both the society and dh but now I believe the are now combined into 1 and there is no mid flexing camberd park board it kinda sucks...
dkzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Nah, the Arcade is the Society now.

I didn't read your whole post cause I'm kinda mean like that.

Basically Ride makes everything stiffer and poppier every year and usually with boards like the Arcade(Society), DH2 and Highlife, Slackcountry get whatever new tech Ride comes up with for that year.

What they NEED to do is cut a poprod in half, put it in a Kink, and blunt the tips, and lay a carbon fabric strip down the middle between the bindings. Best park board ever.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah That definitaly makes sense for some reason I thought the arcade was set back a bit and not centerd like the society but I am interested how there hybrid twin camber will play through
dkzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkzach View Post
Yeah That definitaly makes sense for some reason I thought the arcade was set back a bit and not centerd like the society but I am interested how there hybrid twin camber will play through
Rode both the DH 2012 and Arcade (ex-Society) 2012 and the DH is not as stiff as the Arcade - hence its more versatile. DH 2012 is still the all-mountain freestyle beast it always was...
Old 07-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Read these two threads on the ride forum which discuss the current year's flex ratings and the fact they decided to change the published flex rating on boards without actually changing the construction of the boards: Board Flex Rating Debate - Ride Snowboards - Ride Nation Forum and 2011-2012 Ride catalogue! - Ride Snowboards - Ride Nation Forum

Not having ridden any of the boards, though, it sounds like the diagram of page 6 of their hardgoods catalogue on zuzupopo gives a better idea about the boards than their flex ratings.
daniel42 is offline   Reply With Quote