Bataleon Goliath 2010/2011? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 01:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question Bataleon Goliath 2010/2011?

Hi, I'm brand new to these forums but I just have some questions about the Bataleon Goliath, which I just ordered yesterday.

I've been snowboarding for 5 years, and I'm decent now. I barely do park, although the last 2 years I've been trying it. I can do almost all blacks easily, and some double blacks depending on the mountain. I like going through trees and finding jumps all over the mountain. Being new to park, all I can do is small jumps, and S/M rails/boxes. I can ride switch easily. My last board, a Burton Cruzer of an unknown year since it was given to me, was way too stiff to do any sort of buttering. Basically, I want to get better at riding the whole mountain, but also experiment and develop skills in park/buttering. Is the Goliath a good choice for that style?
ratiugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2011, 04:02 AM   #2 (permalink)

So you ordered a new board already and are asking questions about it now? I would have gone with the Evil twin or Fun Kink. Better still, maybe the Arbor Blacklist would have suited
JVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Well I did a lot of research on it and I thought it was the right one for me. I know it's kind of pointless asking questions now but whatever.
ratiugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

Here's some opinions from me. I rode of the last season with Goliath 164. It was my 4th season, but effectively more like 2nd as I don't go that often to ride.

First 2 times with the board were just horrible. Just horrible. The edges acted weirdly, going straight was impossible... But after few runs it got much better, and in the end of the season I was veery happy with it. It significantly improved my carving, and I felt more confident going straight as there were no fear of snapping edges. Going from edge to edge is really fun, much faster than with my previous board (Ride Fleetwood wide).

I'd say you made a good choice. I've tried some other Bataleon boards, both stiffer and noodlier. Goliath felt just right. For me it works as an all-mountain board.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

I've been riding The Jam 09 since.... 09, Stiffer and a bit quicker than the Goliath, ideal for groomers which is mostly what I do.
I was in the market for the Goliath but Jam was recommended for what I wanted and I reckon the shop got it just about right.

You won't go far wrong with the Goliath for all mountain but expect the first few runs to be as described above, takes a little getting used to TBT. If I were in the market for an all mountain TBT now from what I've read about this upcoming seasons boards I'd have to chance the ET as in the above post.
pete7:19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

I too started on a Burton Cruzer. I'm hoping the Goliath will serve my purpose. I chose it over the Ride Machete... because I couldn't see myself riding that board (graphics).
KingCharming is offline   Reply With Quote