What do you think? Capita Stairmaster? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What do you think? Capita Stairmaster?

Ok after doing some research I'm thinking this is the board. I mainly hit up park and do some free riding when friends want to do it. When I got into snowboarding a couple years ago it was on a board my brother bought.. So Im completely used to way to big of a board. A 163 backcountry board but I made it work for park. I actually got pretty good. Threw a couple 540's on it but the reason im going into all this bull shit is because I really dont know what to expect. Ive only ridden on a 163 kemper .

How much of a difference is it going to be? Is a 156 big enough? Honestly I dont know what any of this bull shit means.. Positive Camber? Pre cured 420.. What does that mean? All I know is I want to shred some park and hit some kickers. Im a broke ass mofo. After buying a pass to bear I dont have much money. Im thinking 300 or less. So if you guys or gals know of a board that fits in thats better than the stairmaster dont be afraid to mention it.

Stairmaster | CAPiTA Super Corporation
Ttam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

It is going to be wildly different than your 63 Kemper especially because it will be much shorter, but you should be able to get used to it pretty quickly. Positive camber is just hte profile of the board, I assume your old ass Kemper is positive camber because that's really all there was until a few years ago.

Someone more familiar with the Stairmaster should probably weigh in, but I'd wager it will be a decent fit for you.

if you are concerned about the board size, what size are you (height/weight)?

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 48

Mt. Brighton - 13
Hawk Island - 6
Mt. Holly - 5
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Boyne Mountain - 2
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2
Cannonsburg - 1
Urban - 1
Slackcountry - 1
Nub's Nob - 1
Sugar Mountain, NC - 1
Beech Mountain, NC - 1
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Im not to concerned about board size. I weigh like 165 and im 6'2" so not the definition of a fat ass. Im kinda wondering about... Strength? or I guess durability and if it is a decent park board. Getting airtime is one of my favorite feelings so I want a board that can do jumps and be decent everywhere else. Maybe Im over thinking this.. I just dont want to be disappointed with a board that I bought new.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttam View Post
Im not to concerned about board size. I weigh like 165 and im 6'2" so not the definition of a fat ass. Im kinda wondering about... Strength? or I guess durability and if it is a decent park board. Getting airtime is one of my favorite feelings so I want a board that can do jumps and be decent everywhere else. Maybe Im over thinking this.. I just dont want to be disappointed with a board that I bought new.
i really like the board but it is on the cheap side so you can beat the shit out of it. i would say the stairmaster is more of a jib board, it can do jumps but imo its a little soft. if you want jumps the extreme is the way to go. love this board and would recommend it.

imo i would say wait and save up for the horrorscope FK, the board i am using now. it fuckin slays.

Last edited by labowsky; 07-19-2011 at 09:01 PM.
labowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

If you like capita i recommend the horrorscope. ive only had it for around half of last season, but it was amazing.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

I love the stairmaster. I've had 4 over the years and destroyed 3. It is a cheap and awesome rail board. It'll do fine on jumps, but you may find it a little squirrely on a big landing compared to what you're riding now. <--- thats just a guess. I have no frame of reference because I don't know shit about Kemper other than they're shit.

Unless $300 is your absolute ceiling, chalk up another vote for the stairmaster extreme cause it sounds like you're going to be hitting alot more jumps than jibs.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

ya. I ride a capita horrorscope. Awesome board. My buddies ride the stairmaster and all love it. You cant go wrong when buying Capita
DBOshred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Spend the same $$ and get pop too. Signal Park. Park Flat for some playfullness. Or a salomon Drift rocker, a little more but really solid and more than just plastic glass wood glass plastic like the stairmaster.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

Im liking that signal park rocker.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The park rocker is more of a novelty stick than anything else. The Rocker light is good though if you're looking for a playful stick.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote