New board + binding + boot setup for beginner - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 09:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

Well I don't know your shop situation but, I can definitively recommend the Rome Libertine boot! Its pretty much the best feeling boot on earth and for your indoor riding situation and beginner title it will be perfect. I think its not to soft but not too stiff just in the middle of the spectrum and I think that's important for beginners so they have an all around approach to all styles of riding. Basically with a mid flex boot you can choose what you kind of riding you want to do whether your preference is Jibbing, Jumps( not huge jumps with these but you will get the feeling )or free ride.

Also at my local shop you could get these for 65$ Canadian ( last years model) but I would even buy a brand new 2012 pair JUST BECAUSE I LOVE THEM. available in sizes 7-12 i think though when I had 7.5 size shoes I pulled off a 8.5 because the foot molding acts like that so if your still growing... food for thought.
dkzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2011, 09:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

nitro misfit 152.6 cm and flux bindings | Trade Me

As a beginner ,will this length be too short for my 180cm , 75kg body ?
chiggah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:44 AM   #13 (permalink)

If you're going to buy anything new and drop a lot of money on it, it should be your boots. Try as many on as you can before you buy. Get a pair that are truly comfortable for you (what colour or how they look should be an afterthought when you've found the right pair). One persons perfect boot could cripple another person after only one run. So if there's anything you buy in a store it should be boots!
blondieyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

If your local store sells 32 Lashed boots I'd try them on immediately. You will not be disappointed. I even grabbed a second pair for cheap in the off season for when i wear thru what I've got now. Also, highly recommend DC Judge BOA if you are looking for something that is in the non-traditional lace dept.

Good luck with grabbing your new gear...too bad you are all the way over in NZ, I have a ton of stuff I need to sell in the coming months.
--bigtime-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Also, to get better help from your fellow riders who live in the States it looks like your US measurements are about 5'9" and 165lbs (if my quick math is right)........with that size 9 boot you are definitely correct in that you have no need for a wider board, you could use one if you want (powder days) but it'll make turns (and eventually tricks when you get there) a little harder then if you had a normal width board. I personally rock a size 12 boot so I'm stuck with only riding 26.0+ boards and all my boards are wides from a 26.1 to a 27.2
Now as far as board length goes, I'd say something btwn a 153-156 would fit your riding style and weight the best.
Keep it longer if you are really only looking to free ride and not trying to hit boxes/rails.
Something like a 154 Skate Banana with a waist of 25.3 should be right in your money zone.
Good Luck with the search bro.
--bigtime-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by --bigtime-- View Post
Also, to get better help from your fellow riders who live in the States it looks like your US measurements are about 5'9" and 165lbs (if my quick math is right)........with that size 9 boot you are definitely correct in that you have no need for a wider board, you could use one if you want (powder days) but it'll make turns (and eventually tricks when you get there) a little harder then if you had a normal width board. I personally rock a size 12 boot so I'm stuck with only riding 26.0+ boards and all my boards are wides from a 26.1 to a 27.2
Now as far as board length goes, I'd say something btwn a 153-156 would fit your riding style and weight the best.
Keep it longer if you are really only looking to free ride and not trying to hit boxes/rails.
Something like a 154 Skate Banana with a waist of 25.3 should be right in your money zone.
Good Luck with the search bro.
What setup do you have which are up for sale ..?

I dont mind paying for shipping costs or split if the price is right
chiggah is offline   Reply With Quote